Foot cramp.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been getting foot cramp recently. Wife says it's best to point toes up to stretch muscle at back of leg. Seems to work but is their any way to prevent cramp in the first place- pills, food, exercise etc?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Try potassium and lots of water!  I too get cramps in my feet and legs! 

• Posted

Regular exercise in the morning is the best way to recover from cramp problem , also take consultation from doctor when required. Take care.
  • Posted

Magnesium/calcium are also causes when you are lacking.  When I increase both these and lower alcohol it makes a difference.  Soap under the mattress does not neither does conkers lol.
  • Posted

Nutritious diet and exercise helps in getting rid off from foot cramp. Take care.
  • Posted

Yes good diet - get rid of rubbish food and exercise - works wonders.
  • Posted

Foot cramps happen when a muscle in your foot suddenly squeezes and can’t relax. The feeling you get ranges from a slight tic to an intense spasm that causes a lot of pain.

Foot cramps are usually harmless. Often, you can take care of the pain yourself at home.

• Posted

I get severe cramps in my feet, legs and hands.  It usually wakes me up.  Most of the time I can drink a huge glass of water, walk around, and it goes away.  After doing a little research, I started taking Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, and vitamin D.  I have malapsorption, from part of my colon being removed, so I do not absorb enough vitamins.  The dehydration, along with the lack of nutrients, causes the cramps, twitches, and other symptoms that I had thought were unrelated.  Lips tingling was one that was a mystery.  It all probably has a technical name,  but the only treatment, FOR ME, is the vitamins, minerals, and lots and lots of water.  
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for the info. I now drink about 2 ltrs of water a day and will try the rest of the vitamins etc. Thanks again. D53 smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.