Foreskin and scrotum red, light coloured patch on glans

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I had unprotected sex around six weeks ago. Been tested for STDs and all negative.

Three weeks ago I noticed a lot of smegma build up under my foreskin. Doctor told me to use canesten cream to clear it up. I'm a week into using that and while the excess smegma is now gone the foreskin and scrotum is still very red.

I've also noticed a very small light coloured patch on the glans, probably 2mm by 2mm and it's ever so slightly sunken in, like a small dent. Doc has examined me and didn't comment on it but should I go back and point it out to him?

What could all this be? It's not particularly itchy and doesn't burn when I pee.

Driving me crazy.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'd keep a check on it with the doc. Feel free to show selfies of affected areas here... never anything inappropriate goes on here, we share what we know, and alway hope it helps.

• Posted

Thanks. Looking online I suspect it's probably candida balanitis. I'll try the canesten oral tablet tomorrow and return to doc after a week or so if that doesn't work.

The mark isn't painful or causing any itching either.

• Posted

I would defo go back and ask about it for sure and dont be afraid to ask any questions with the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.