Fosteum Plus

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone been prescribed this "medical food" for osteoporosis/osteopenia and if so, what results have you had?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Looking at the price I should hope there would be fantastic results. As it is I'm sure you'd do well with a sensible diet and a few of the obvious supplements like vitamin D and Vitamin K2 (not K1) as well as the usual calcium and making sure you are getting magnesium, boron and so on through your diet. Also weight bearing exercise is very important.

Sorry I can't help with a review of the product but I'd never be able to afford something like that anyway. With my diet and exercise I improved my t-score from -2 to -1.6 in one year, although for over half that year I was still on a prednisone dose higher than 5 mg. No osteoporosis medications, only regular supplements and exercise. 😃

• Posted

I pay $117 for a three month supply through a prescription from my gynecologist. I have been taking it for four years now and I am getting a DEXA in a couple of months so we’ll see how I'm doing. Ido the treadmill and free weights and a lot of walking. I am also eating six prunes a day because I read a couple studies on how prunes can improve bone density I believe one study was listed on the NIH. Your bone density was thankfully not very bad to begin with you’re lucky.The Fosteum plus does have K2, Vitamin D and calcium Plus a non-soy genistein. thank you for responding and giving me your insight I appreciate it.

• Posted

Okay, that price isn't so bad. The website had it as over $2000, and I didn't see the time period but I assume a year! I know my t-score wasn't so bed. Before I found out my t-score, which was surprisingly difficult to get, my doctor had told me I had osteoporosis, so naturally I was totally freaked out and did all kinds of reading and decided I wouldn't ever touch any of the osteoporosis drugs for any reason! As what I ended up doing turned out to be helpful I think it was a good decision. My doctor was going to prescribe AA even before the DXA scan because I was starting long term steroid treatment for polymyalgia rheumatica.

• Posted

If you'd like to read my story, starting five years ago now, how time flies, you can find it by googling HealthUnlocked My Osteoporosis Journey.

Yes, I eat prunes too. 😃

• Edited

I will definitely read your story. I really do not want to take bone drugs. The side effects sound awful and I wonder if they really prevent fracture. I will do my best to avoid the drugs. Thanks for your input. Sometimes it is difficult to find honest opinions. Maybe prunes are the wonder drug (not really but they can't hurt!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.