Frequent Need/feeling to Urinate, male early 20s. Sleep through the night however

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there,

Since end of October I've had issues with frequent urination. A feeling like there is always pee at the tip of the penis needing to get out. Constant pressure on bladder when walking and stuff too, only time its not that bad is when im laying down. However, since it started i have not had to wake up in the middle of the night to urinate at all. Its daytime frequency.

It has made me super sad because I exercise and play sports such as hockey and soccer regularly and this issue I can barely play. Obviously my mind is constantly on this.

It was bad in October/November, saw my doctor who told me to wait and see if it continues till after christmas. It actually wasnt too bad over december/january as much but got worse at the beginning of February again, so I saw the doctor again and he has me taking a natural vitamin daily called Saw Palmetto.

Looking to see if anyones experienced the same thing...I'm still young and i am stressing about this every single day. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That's just how my incontinence started. Get cheked out thoroughly by a urologist. They found I was diabetic.

• Posted

Im waiting for a call. Ive done many urine tests they tested for diabetes so they ruled it out, urgent care and family doctor.

• Posted

Would that imply that i got hurt from playing sports? I dont think so, it didnt start after a game, its just affected me in sports and exercise, and every day life to be honest

• Posted

Hernias dont have to arise from injury. You may have a slight weakness in your abdominal wall...quite common in men.As you say it doesnt cause a problem when you lay down and you have pressure during the day, I immediately thought about something "tipping back" when you lay down and causing pressure when you are upright. Just a thought.

• Posted

That is a good point....its a very weird feeling and hard to explain, to be honest. Its a bad feeling that my penis never feels like...empty/dry? Like it used to be. I dont know. My doctor doesnt have many answers and my urologist appointment isnt till a few months.

• Posted

im having urgency as well. sometimes it subsides a little but its mostly always there. i also feel like sometimes it leaks but when i look theres nothing there however if you open your pee hole a little sometimes youll see liquid which i assume is urine

• Posted

You could have a pee bowl next to your bed if it makes things easier. I suggest that you practice holding your pee, as i do it does get better.

• Posted

Relaxation can promote the ability to hold pee in. The activity of the prostate causes the need to pee and the need to hold pee in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.