friends and family.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone.

I've had rheumatoid for 25+ years. I feel physically I've not coped to bad. I've also read posts where people have had problems with friends recognising what's wrong, and family being great. I however am the opposite. The atmosphere is totally different from day one. Even my mother. its like I'm not the same man. like I'm to be grieved for. Sometimes it makes me so angry. has anyone else had similar experiences with their families? cheers Ivan.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Having read your description of your problem, am I correct in assuming that those around you have no empathy for your condition? Your description is not totally clear.

Everyone should have a support system, particularly from their own family.

• Posted

sorry only just read your post Timothy.

to be honest the answer is no. ive never experienced anything like that from family. dunno why. maybe they can't cope or maybe they just think worse things could happen or maybe they think I'm a big boy now and I can cope on my own. the truth? whatever it is. it hurts like hell.

• Posted

I wonder if there is a support group in your area. They might be the boost you need..........you are not alone. I am hoping for the best for you, Ivan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.