From my first SVT episode to my ablation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Everyone, i'm a 22y/o healthy male from Brazil, recently diagnosed with SVT, i remember my first episode when i was 14, it was after P.E class at school, first of all, they thought it was caused from excessive effort, my heart pace was arround 175-190 BPM, i had some episodes between my 14-16, at this time i used a Holter device, but they didn't found anything. from 16 to 18 i hadn't any episode but everything changed when i was playing beach soccer (my town is located at the coastline), i had my first episode since 2017, it was 3 and half hours long arround 195 BPM, after this day i was diagnosed with Hypethyroidism, so my endocrinologist said that could be a correlaction between my heart and thyroid. I treated my thyroid and my SVT episodes returned in 2020 when i was 20, but this time they related with anxiety (Yeah, i have this too), but my heartrate from SVT were becoming higher and higher, for the first time it passed the 200 BPM mark. Now going to 2022 where the game changed, i was laying down on the sofa and my SVT started, but this time doctors catch it in the monitor, 234 BPM, then i had an appointment with a cardiologist who finally diagnosed me with SVT, 2 months later i went for a second opinion and she conffirmed my SVT and reccomended me an ablation. I didn't hesitate, i wanted to put a end to this. But my SVT haunted me again. At December 31st Night, i was in my bed when i had a Quick show for what was coming at next Night. January 1st, New Year, after celebrating the New Year with my family, i was ready to sleep when it was arround 2 AM and started, i started to vomit, even struggling to breathe i was, quickly brought to ER, 237 BPM and SPO2 93%, doctors did the Valsava Manuever and i returned to normal, hopefully that was my final SVT episode, because it was 2 days prior my ablation. And now here i am, 9 days after my ablation, still feeling a heavy chest but its a long Journey to full recovery.

Greetings from Brazil.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Best of luck to you! I had my ablation in November, and so far everything has been great! My heartbeat also used to reach 230 bpm.

• Posted

Thanks for the words, still feeling some chest tightness and ectopics 50 days after procedure, but no SVT again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.