From Tablets to Injections

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking the metho now for about 9 weeks im only on 5mg and i feel awful on them, resulting me to be signed off work for a month.

The dermertoligist assessed me last week, now being put on 10mg and they advised i go on the injections, is anyone else on the injections and can you give me some advice? Ive never injected anything in me before so i am a little nervouse

(sorry for the spelling mistakes haha)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirstual

I do use the Methoject (the injection form of Methotrexate). Fortunately, I am used to self-injecting as I do so 4 times a day for insulin. HOWEVER, it really is nothing to worry about. The injecting process is so fast that you do not feel anything. Occasionally you might end up with a bruise on your thigh (best place to inject at the top to midle of the thigh). The injection is spring loaded so once you have pressed the yellow inject button everything is automatic. There is no physical effort in having to push a needle into your leg.  In any case you will be taught very specifically how to do it.

A word of warning use all the saftey process expalained to you at training as its not good to get a leak from the injecting pen as the liquid is Cyrotoxic and can be damaging to cells or animals you may have in the house. There is a special spillage kit but you should never need it if you follow the preocedures explained to you.

I inject every monday evening and the whole process it over in less than 1 minute. Use disposable rubber gloves and once you have used the injecting pen dispose of it in the special container you are given. 

When you inject count to 10 and that should mean all the liquid has passed through the needle.

Good Luck and there is nothing to be afraid of and I find I dont feel so awful as I did when I was on tablets.

• Posted

Oh this makes me feel so much better, i am on tablets at the minute but i have an appoitment next week to get shown how to use the injections.

I feel so bad on the tablets i will cry my eyes out if i wake up and feel normal haha but its all worth it, my skin is looking far much better.

Thank you so much smile

• Posted

I have been on weekly injections for a little over a year real hard to say if it's

Helping.so many side effects from lungs.fog.sweats insomnia to name a few.what I

Will say is for me the pills made me sick to the stomach no choice but injections.

Not a drug to take lightly research and decide if it's fifth for you.good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.