Frozen Left Shoulder 17mths!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on my 2nd Frozen Shoulder - suffering since Aug 2010 - unable to work since Nov 2010. Had Physio, 2 Hydrodilation Injections into joint, was told in March 2011 by Orthopaedic Consultant that I needed Arthroscopic Surgery - still waiting for surgery date!!!! I feel so incapacitated by this condition - have used up all sick pay - can't get any benefits and feel so isolated being at home all time. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully recovered from this condition and how long it took.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sad Bless you; I know exactly how you feel.

to have it on both must be awful, I have it in my right shoulder following arthriscopic decompression surgery for arthiritis! And it looks like I will be having the surgery for frozen shoulder in January with arthriscopic surgery again! I had my surgery in June 11 this year and it never seemed to get any better, but it is becuase I now have a frozen shoulder.

It is agony that makes me feels so sick, especially with sudden forward and backward movement. I too feel so fed up being in pain for almost 12 months with the arthritis firstly, then the decompression surgery and now frozen shoulder! I am still working and I must say struggling along the best I can, I hav ehad a few days off sick, more the fact I am awake so many times in pain that I am exhausted. I am very unsure whether to have the surgery to be honest, but do not want this to continue and to top it all off, my left shoulder is making all the same sounds as the right, painful and creaking etc. Have you chased up your consultant to push along your surgery?

• Posted

A couple of years ago I was involved in a road accident and was badly injured with broken bones and internal bleeding, but what was the most painfull and crippling was my shoulder which the doctors didn't know about until I came round a week later and tried to reach for something on the bedside locker. The pain in my left shoulder was more painfull than all the other injuries put together. When I came out of hospital 5 months later I had to go to physiotherapy once a week and repeat the exercises at home twice a day. One set of exercises were for the shoulder which was diagnosed as a 'frozen shoulder'. After I did my arm exercises for the shoulder I was always in so much pain, I couldn't put on a jacket without help. Then for some reason I stopped doing the exercises and believe it or not, after it was rested from the daily exercises which were agravating it and making the pain twice as bad, it healed completely. It was like a man with a broken leg, running and jumping about. All my shoulder and the arm needed was a rest and time to get better. Thinking that the professionals knew what they were talking about, I followed their exercise routene for more than a year and it just wasn't getting any better. Then after I stopped it got noticably better each day until after a while I reallised that it wasn't hurting any more. Even NHS professionals can make misttakes sometimes.
  • Posted

Following on from my shoulder problems back in December 11. I would like to share what has happened to me since!

I had capsular release in Jan 12 to get rid of my frozen shoulder following subcromial decompression in June 11. I had capsular release a fairly straight forward operation, however this never really improved! I went to see consultant 9 weeks post op, to discuss and had a letter with me from physio saying my movement was fab however I was still in so much pain!! He did xrays to find a shard of bone had broken off somehow and I dont know when and was lodged in the ACJ joint between the shoulder and the clavicle. Ouch no wonder i was still in so much pain. So March 12 I ended up with further surgery (open surgery) to remove this shard of bone! I am now left with an extremely lumpy, and traumaered scar area which is to be expected, but it is getting there slowly. But to top it all now I have arthritis in my left shoulder and a frozen shoulder to finish it off!!! I am sooooooooooooooo miserable and depressed to say the least and am now waiting to see my consultant again on Friday 10th August!

• Posted

Flangies so sorry to bother you. Just wondering if you got any better. Im having hidrodilation for my hip and wpndering if we really recover from frozen shoulders/hip.

Thanks and many blessings hoping you are doing well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.