Frozen shoulder

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder (left side ) on February 9th . Had a injection in it on same date and started co codamol . Had an X-ray on 10th and since then had to go on Naproxem tablets too as pain severe . Even driving down street is painful and it's a short journey . Now the Pain is starting in right hand side too . What can I do please to avoid pain getting worse ? Going to see GP on 27th again

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate reading this reminds me of how I was three weeks ago I was crippled with pain of the frozen shoulder (I also was on naxproxen) I have since started acupuncture and three weeks in on it I feel so different - pain at night is still quite intense but during the day I am only on a few paracetamol now (plus the naproxen) unless I do a sudden movement and the spasms kill! was crying all day and night but honestly I'm such a converted person! I'm hoping it will keep it at bay...it is expensive but I'm desperate and it's working for me right now x

• Posted

Thankyou very much for your advice . I am definitely going to check out a local Chinese doctor who does acupuncture .anything to give relief . As you say nights are the worst ! However (I don't know if you drive) but even short driving trips and dressing are agony . I'm going to look into asking GP about physio if pain reduces enough and tumeric capsules . Thankyou for your advice . I hope you get more relief from pain

• Posted

I suffered for 4 years, I ignored it for 2 years. Here is what I learned:

1. Arm walks, fingers up the wall, arm up the wall push in to it, cactus arms, etc......., etc.... lay on bolster with arms down or overhead is a favorite. Gently helps. push hard and regular! Hurts like hell! As long as not rotator cuff ..any stretches that hurt do more...or screw it let it freeze, in a year ish, will naturally let go!

2. Steroid shot in exact spot early on can help!

3. Massive amts of tumeric

4. Trigger point and under arm massages...regular...look for school rates if you can...I had hundreds of massages!

5. I had mua but my whole upper back and neck froze...in conjunction with...is only now letting go

• Posted

Also regular chiropractic who is awesomr, not ever Nucva. Also trigger point wad not worth it for me, prp no!
    • Posted

Thankyou for the advice on exercises and. Chiropractor . Also about tumeric. I will definitely look into if there are tumeric capsules available in health store . I hope you are feeling better
  • Posted

Oh Kate, how horrible, I can only empathise.  I was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder which started coming on in February 2016, one year on I am still in the frozen stage.  I had to stop work at the end of October 2016, as I could no longer drive or perform the duties of my job.  I am now on half pay, going on to Statutory Sick Pay, and it looks like my employer is about to fire me!  I have been waiting for a MUA of my shoulder since October, and despite writing, phoning and eventually complaining about the delay I am now told my consultant is about to retire at the end of March, and still no date.  Sleeping is a figment of my imagination.  I have recently started seeing an Osteopath, and I have to say it has helped lessen the pain a little, but still no freeing up of the joint.  I have frozen shoulders in the past, and none  have been as painful or long lasting as this one.  Pain relief, try running a hot shower over your shoulder before you attempt exercises, it helps.  Also at night a pack of frozen peas and pain killers, also a bolster cushion full of micro beads which adapts to any position, neck support arm support etc. (also useful for whacking your partner when they roll over onto your arm or jolt your shoulder in their sleep, just joking about the whacking side, but serious about trying to put as much distance between your shoulder and your partner's body, even switching sides of bed to protect your shoulder from accidental jolting).  Try and support your shoulder when sitting or sleeping.  Someone mentioned to me to try going to a swimming pool, as the water supports the shoulder and helps the joint.  Hope this helps xx

• Posted

Thankyou so much . I have tried running a hot water from the shower over my shoulder . It does help a little and I try n do gentle stretching .I will try putting S bag of frozen peas on it too . I hope an appointment comes up this week for you to attend consultant before he retires at end of march , or that an appointment soon comes up to attend his successor
    • Posted

It's So painful when anyone even looks at my left side now I'm on tenderhooks esp in bed with my partner! Those spasms x totally sympathise with you xx great advice

• Posted

I've just been diagnosed with frozen shoulder and pescribed Tramadol and Physiotherapy. Physio has caused me problems in the past so I'm reluctant to go down that route again.

The strong painkillers work but they can create other problems but consider asking the doctor for something stronger than Naproxen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.