Frozen shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had surgery for a frozen shoulder 10 weeks ago im in more pain now than before surgery my consultant said surgery may have to be done again but wants to do a hydrodialation injection unguided , i dont know a lot about this injection is it just for pain releif and to help with inflamation ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

hi jan

you cannot do a hydrodilatation unguided.

( had 4 ). it has to be perfectly placed for it to work.

on the first one i had. i moved my foot and he had to start again. the right one is millimetre perfect into the capsule space and we are talking millimetres.

why as surgery failed (what did you have done ). ACR or MUA .

i had ACR and was warned by my surgeon that at week 6-8 it will ache like hell for another 8 weeks. it was the body trying to re scar back to the old way ( it liked how it was) and wants to re freeze.

i had to exercise some nights at 3am to break the re scaring.

when you got home was the ROM improved. i got to know my surgeon very well ( i kept on re injuring myself.

please dont feel afraid to question him WHY. i got up the balls to do so and worked on a solution with him.

my exercising upset the bicep tendon badly. i think i over exercised. doing twice as much doesnt give better results.

a wise word from the rehab team i paid for at spire health. if it hurts or is sore STOP and rest.

colin

• Edited

and please dont give up the fight. stay positive stay strong.

you can do it. its a very hard battle to win. but you can do it. that ache is so personal no one knows actually how bad it is.

c

• Edited

i have had a guided hydrodilation before, unfortunately it didn't help me at all but others on this forum had immediate pain relief from it, so I don't know if it's the luck of the draw or maybe my consultant didn't get the exact right spot. Hope that your pain eases soon as I know how mentally draining it is.

• Edited

Hello everyone here, just discovered this forum by accident. whoop!!! I got frozen shoulder for Christmas 2023! ugh. I came off my bike early October, landing completely on my right shoulder (and yip I'm right handed), and had a rotator cuff injury. by late November I was able to wash my hair with 2 hands again, yippee. 3 weeks later the pain had changed and the mobility I'd gained was pretty much gone. I've never experienced such pain. The other night i accidentally threw a book at a huge spider that was crawling in my bed (I live in Sydney) and ended up shaking and in tears with the pain. it was also quite funny. then I had to go and sleep in my granddaughter's bed because i was scared the spider would try to get revenge. Obviously the book throwing was futile.

Anyway just reading a few of the posts here had made me feel a bit better.

thanks

Tracy

• Posted

Hi Tracy, you poor thing... i know exactly what you mean about sudden movements bringing tears to your eyes with the awful stabbing pain.FS is a long and painful road ...but it does EVENTUALLY end!

hope those spiders 🕷 leave your bedroom now, I'm sure he will have told them all about the dangerous books! 📕

• Posted

hey piper are we global or what

Hi Tracey all that way away

yup horrible isn't it. be prepared for a long journey. the pain the ache. not fun. not fun at all. its going to get hard very hard. sorry for scaring you but people just don't get it, its just a bad shoulder.

NO ITS NOT JUST A BAD SHOULDER. its debilitating at its best. if not cruel at its best. read the posts learn all you can and evolve with it.

you have to stay positive here and share your ache with family. i went dark twice and lisa sat me down and have me a talking to. it can get that bad.

please look after your other shoulder. rule of thumb it will follow. mine did after 7 months. ( dark days ).

but i am finally in a good place. all be it 5 years . 4 ops and a bloody load of hard work. dedicated hard work..

please please learn about this torrid condition and beat it. if not beat the spider lol. yer you have BIG spiders and bigger books.

stay positive and share your ache. any questions we are always here . pick our brains and use our experience to help yourself.

colin

• Edited

hi piper on a separate note

how is the second holding up or actually not holding up.

its the knowing what going on and whats coming up.

at your stage i used an ice machine to kill the ache of an evening. is it tracking in the same way and time line.

me still good and no issues at the moment. post op 14 weeks. feels nearly normal lol. still cant sleep. so use to not sleeping. but zero pain killers since day 3 post surgery.

colin

• Posted

colin im so glad your recovery is continuing so well. im ok......twinges and sharp pains are coming more often but im exercising the joint a lot trying to go with the more movement I can do the less it can have a chance to completely freeze (I know its a loosing battle but I'm trying to remain positive) I am finding it hard only being able to sleep on my back as can't lie on either shoulder but I'm okayish!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.