Frozen shoulder & bike

Posted , 2 users are following.

just thought I would ask if you think it would be a bad idea to try and cycle with one arm on handlebar?.....the reason I ask is we are going to centre parcs its been booked for over a year so still going cos I don't want to let down my family even though I've had to cancel a lot of what I had planned to do as shoulder just won't allow it . currently for driving I can only hold the steering wheel at 10 & 6 rather than 10&2 due to the pain & lack of ROM.....so I know i wont be able to hold both handlebars on bike.Do you think I would be mad to even try, maybe the jostling of being on a bike would make it even worse, thoughts please - thanks in advance for any replies

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi P

be cautious just in case you jar your capsule While Riding on Rough Ground and Set off a Major Zinger That Won’t Stop Aching.

that would be a major spoiler for the day

C

• Posted

the paths are all meant to be very smooth there but I hear ya I really don't want to risk doing further injury- the rest of the family will be on bikes so I kinda feel I will be missing out walking on my own if you know what I mean but maybe it's the sensible thing to do

• Edited

Hi P

left a note on this chat .

i had corrected myself when i agreed with barb.

my message here seemed a bit negative. i just can not help being protective of my injury. more so over protective.

i hope the other post made sense about managing the holiday break.

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.