Fungal infection on my head skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having this infection for some time close to 1 year. Please help me a proper dosage. And proper medication.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I once visited a doctor he gave me some oral drugs and some cream to apply on the infected area. After some time they dried up but eventually they started again. Since the I've not visited any doctor.
  • Posted

You would get more relevant advise if are more specific regarding the symptoms. Is the skin red and itchy? Or dry and flaky? What is the location of the skin problem? Is it on the scalp or face? What medicine did you take? 
  • Posted

Then infection is on the scalp, off course it's itching, the only medice I can remember was given was the cream called beclomin. The other oral drugs can not remember.
    • Posted

The most common skin condition affecting the scalp is seborrhoeic dermatitis. More info on this condition can be found here:

https://patient.info/health/seborrhoeic-dermatitis-leaflet

The cream that you used, Beclomin, contains a steroid to reduce inflammation of the skin, Miconazole Nitrate (an anti-fungal ingredient) and Neomycin (an anti-biotic that acts against bacterial infections).

Since the infection is recurring it would be useful to have a dermatologist take a swab sample and culture it to identify the micro-organism causing your skin condition.

You could also try to identify what is likely to trigger an epsiode of your skin problem. It could be that you are allergic to the shampoo or other hair products you are using. In that case, your skin might first become inflammed due to the contact allergy and subsequently infected by either fungi or bacteria. 

If you suspect that you have seborrhoeic dermatitis try to use a shampoo or conditioner containing zinc pyrithione. Another option would be to perodically use a medicated shampoo like Nizoral to prevent a new outbreak of seborrhoeic dermatits. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.