Fused Toes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have suffered with painful arthritis in my toes for the past 10 years. It has been a real life changer.

I am tired of being sidelined by pain. With what is left of my life I would like to spend it walking through forests, on beaches and up mountains, and as it is, I cannot even walk to the corner.

Please - those of you who HAVE had your toes fused, can you please answer these 2 questions:

1. Why should I have my toes fused?
  2. Why should I NOT have my toes fused?

Thank you very much - keen to hear your experience. Good and bad. It will be helpful.

Jan

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm sorry that you have not had any replies as I have posted something similar. Do any painkillers help you at night ?

I have had this worsening over the years and doctors have not wanted to operate on them and now partially blocked arteries prevent it after I did find one.so it is being totally ignored The big toes are very bad and becoming quite painful with both feet very stiff and become worse as soon as getting into bed. The discomfort is worse on the right foot with and rather like restless leg syndrome and pain up into the lower shin. I have never slept all that well but this keeps me very much awake for hours. I have not taken more than paracetamol for it and it no longer works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.