Fusing split help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had this awful condition for many years along with lichen planus and a lot of fusing has taken place. I haven't quite fused over the opening to my ureathrea but was advised by my dermatologist to keep the opening by inserting a finger and gently stretch the skin which I do daily in the shower. I was horrified when yesterday I felt a ripping sensation and started to bleed !! Part of the fused section had split which as you can imagine is extreamly sore. Having a wee is a nightmare and stings like mad. At the moment I am rinsing after every lol visit to keep the split area clean as I am worried about infection. Had anyone else had any problems with splits and is there anything else I can do to aid healing ? I so hate this condition it rules my life so much, can't swim,can't wear trousers,can't have sex and now can't walk or sit without pain. Where does it end. Sorry to go on but as you all know ta so hard for anyone who isn't suffering from this to understand.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you poor love, you must be in agony. I can recommend barrier cream Tito stop the singing when you wee. I use HYDROMOL OITMENT all the time. It's a great barrier. I'm sorry to be dense but where exactly were you stretching ?
    • Posted

Hi not a dense question at all. I fused from the front over my clitoris and it was creeping over my pee hole if u get what I mean. My vagina is still open. I was just gently with my fingers stretching the last part of the fusing to stop it closing further. Sorry it is really hard to explain hope you can understand . Never heard of Tito is it available in the UK ?
  • Posted

I know, that's a bad spot to split. On the positive side, it sort of had to happen to keep things open. I've had three splits in a few months and together they add up to my vaginal opening being significantly larger than what it had shrunk to. I use a wad of Vaseline to keep it covered while it heals. More experimentally, I've been using jojoba oil with a few drops of frankincense in it. Very soothing and I believe it's super healing. I do give some credit to my switch from clobetasol to tacrolimus six months ago...
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I was at first horrified at the split but glad the opening has been made bigger, don't fancy having surgery to open it up. I was worried about using any creams or vasaline in case it sealed in any infection. I am using a little Epaderm now (I use this to wash too) would love to soak the area to sooth it but we only have a shower ! I use dermovate on my sore patch inside my vagina (lichen planus) but not sure if I should use it on the split. I have a check up with my dermatologist on Thursday so she can advise me.
    • Posted

Sounds like you need a toilet-mounted sitz bath. I don't own one – I have a deep tub. But every night I squat over a basin of water with a tbsp of baking soda in it and splash until there's no more water.
  • Posted

love the frank oil suggestion. plus are you taking natural (non synthetic) vitamins and minerals?

so sorry for your suffering. weeing in a bowl of (slightly salted) water put down in an empty bath (for speed and convenience, but a full bath obviously if you're having a bath) can really ease the pain of urination.

hope this helps!

• Posted

I really feel for you it's an awful disease do you have lichen planus orally as well, I'm having many problems with this can't eat any spice Xx
    • Posted

No only got it vaginally which is so uncomfortable. I feel for you having it orally - sometimes food and drink seem to be my only pleasure ! Unfortunately I also have Crohn's disease which controls what I can and can't eat too !
    • Posted

I have Ulcerative Colitis, and so I understand how difficult IBD can be, especially when dealing with LS as well.  Unfortunately, I  have started flaring again,  and have had to use Clob for the first time for ages as my clitoris has felt sore, and after running to the bathroom a lot, I have noticed I have a nasty cut in the crack of my butt, and so of course I am left wondering if the UC has in fact  exacerbated my LS, not sure, and so there may or not be a connection. Are you flaring or are you in remission?  
    • Posted

Hi guppy I had a bowel resection 5 years ago and have only had one flare since then which I needed steroids for but a few weeks ago I had a routine colonoscopy which showed inflammation at the site of the join. Since then my LS and LP had been worse. The split I had a week ago seems to be healing slowly but I am amazingly sore inside with the LS. I am seeing my dermatologist tomorrow so maybe she can help with something to ease it ( wishful thinking I know !) . Crohns and UC are awful conditions and so tiring it seems very unfair to have to put up with sore itchy 'bits' too !!
    • Posted

There probably is a connection!   But I am glad your split is starting to heal, you poor thing!  I think I read somewhere that it is best to try to keep it clean, but mostly dry, sometimes a hairdryer on a low, cool setting after a bath can help, and then of course your not touching the area whilst drying it too.   I think I am going to order one of those sitz baths myself actually, as it has got to be quicker and easier sometimes than having to run a bath.  
    • Posted

I agree a sitz sounds like a good idea especially as I only have a shower in my house. I have seen my dermatologist today and she is pleased with how things are looking and said LS can suddenly stop as quickly as it started ! The fusing will obviously stay the way it is but there will be no progression of the condition. Well I've had it for over 15 years so I'm not holding my breath !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.