1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley

How often is he having, plabotomy, when I was having weekly draws

I had aches and pains ,tiredness for two or three days,no one could

Explain why,I am only assuming it our bodies adjusting to the deironing

And also having a pint of blood removed, I did mention this in a previous

Posting, and it is obvious we all get different symptoms????

I am now on fortnightly plabotomies, I don't feel as bad after.

It has to be a great shock to our bodies having such regular extractions

Cheers

Philx

• Posted

He was going weekly , his count was at 1250 and the doctors wanted it down to 50. He is at 51 now .

His kidneys get so sore for 3 days after. Maybe something everyone goes through.

• Posted

Hi Shirley

Good news he is now at 51 is he now in maintenance stage????

I started at 1433 I'm now standing at 679 after 14 venesection,,a way to go for me yet

Hopefully his symptoms will improve now

Cheers

Philx

• Posted

Yes hopefully . He stopped eating red meats all together.

When we go grocery shopping we pay attention to the iron content in the food.

He also stopped drinking alcohol . Has like 1 beer a month .

Its been a year almost .

I just worry if there is damage happening to the kidneys from this process .

• Posted

No, they don't.  Hopefully he has reported this to his dr and haemotologist.

• Posted

Good morning Sheryl

I would help if you elaborated more,yes he should not get pains

In his kidneys, but are you also saying he shouldn't be getting aches

And pains in his body ,I and several others since I've been on this

Forum have been saying they also get aches,pains,tiredness etc

100% report anything different in vital organs, that is commonsense

Cheers

Philx

• Posted

I am talking kidneys - that is the question that was asked by Shirley.  Perhaps his kidneys are trying to tell him something.  Don't ignore, best to get checked out.

And we don't have to be told to drink plenty of water/fluids pre and post venesection.

Personally, I am pain free for 13 days after a venesection.  So good!  But we know everyone is different but I just have not heard anyone personally say they had aches and pains after having venesections.  Or, no more than what they were experiencing before a venesection.  Have you googled 'post venesection pain' by any chance?

I just did and did not find anything other than the following from the Iron Disorders Institute:

" At anytime during treatment you experience symptoms of heart irregularities or severe abdominal pain or symptoms of anemia, alert your physician immediately."

Maybe you can find something.

• Posted

hi sheryl

if you actually read shirley original question she asked

why does my husbands body ache after phlabotomy

she added the kidney symptom after????????????

thats why i asked you

• Posted

You are right, that was the original question.  I was responding to further down when Shirley said

"His kidneys get so sore for 3 days after. Maybe something everyone goes through."

• Posted

HI,

I am not sure. I know that my body seems to have more aches and pains after a phlebotomy but sometimes I feel great afterwards! The last 2 have been more on the harder side especially this last one. I can say that with the last 2 my ferritin dropped quite a bit (almost 200 points) and the iron in my blood went up a bit (which was then removed during phlebotomy). not sure if that is the cause but I can say that I do experience aches and pains after a phlebotomy that seem more pronounced at times. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.