Gabapentin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Gabapentin is an evil drug my pcp put me in it and it was horrible my kids finally told me i was over medicated i cried all the time and lost my job. i am trying to come off the drug and yes everyone says it should be out of my system. Not so i call a phone number and they said it could take 90 days i would never taken this medicine if i had known of the horrible side effects. i tapered off of it but suffer from high anxiety and depression and panic attacks. Has anyone got off this medicine and returned to normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i am just now realizing how badly the gabapentin has been affecting me. My husband told me one day that he thinks I don't even know what I am saying sometimes. It hurts my eyes to write this.

I was on 300 mg 3xs a day for a month, 100 mg 3xs a day for about 3 months. I feel like I am getting dementia!

I am now prescribed 100 mg 3xs a day - but I want to get off of it! how long should I continue to take it? i need guidance but even the pharmacist told me I could just start taking the 100 mg right away and I'd be fine. not! I woke up very dizzy, been having terrible headaches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.