Gabapentin Hell

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I wish I would have read that a few days ago. I have been taking gabapentin 2700mg a day for 20+years. My pain management provider wanted to start lyrica. There was no weaning at all. Right away I had insomnia. I had so much anxiety and agitation. Pain was worse but I did expect that. But the sweating, chills, insomnia and agitation by 2nd day was awful. My provider will not give me the gabapentin back to wean off I guess she is a sadist. This is the worse thing I have experienced in a very long time. I can tell you this. I will not see her again and I hope to God I can get through it. Honestly I think both of these medications are evil.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Patty, I have also been on gabs for a long long time. was 3600 mg a day now on 2700 a day.

You should of been weaned off them slowly to give your body time to get used to being with out them.

Go back to your doctors and tell him or her how bad you are feeling . good luck john

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.