Gained the weight back, but now im terrified of triggering it all over again... Now what?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I gave myself orthorexia ad managed to gain weight back by myself over a few years. Now I'm overweight and I am lost! I still get triggered by trying to make sure I eat the "right" thing and the thought of tracking my food/calories or weighing and measuring my food gives me anxiety. When I had the eating disorder I looked good, but my mind was really unhealthy. Now I am overweight and my mental health has become so much better that its almost hard to believe that I was ever in that situation in the first pace. But now I get the judgement from people for being fat and they assume I am lazy, unhealthy, and all I do is eat cake or something. When I was skinny, I was treated with so much more kindness and respect, but I was mentally unstable. I need to lose weight. How do I navigate this tricky world of recovery without setting myself down that path again?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, im sorry to hear about your struggles, Im the opposite tbh and dont like it, but i feel ok in my skin family keep saying my legs are too skinny, arms this and that so been trying to get myself to look healthy. Have you seeked any professional help?

• Posted

Hello. First off, thank you so much for sharing your struggles, that's a really hard thing to do.

To make sure you don't obsess and go over the same path again, I would suggest you ask your doctor to seek a dietitian to help you reach your goal weight in a healthy manner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.