Gall Bladder Removal and Celiac Disease anyone else dealing with this?

Posted , 1 user is following.

It's been about a year since my gall bladder removal which was hell at the time. The constant gall bladder attacks that happened twice and was sent home from the ER told it was just sludge and that everyone deals with it. Even though I was suffering and my quality of life was seriously impacted. Something I want to mention is that I also deal with Celiac disease and I have for 9 years now which always adds an extra layer of caution with my diet. I have already been used to being lactose intolerant, don't tolerate oats, cutting out soda and alcohol and no longer drink coffee. About a year ago I also cut a lot of red meats and now with no gall bladder I find myself only eating ground turkey, turkey bacon, but mostly salmon.

I find myself eating less and less mostly focusing on having things like coconut milk yogurt, eggs, tea, bone broth, veggie smoothies, green leafy veggies and baked potatos or sweet potatoes. I feel so limited with my diet as it feels celiac disease never really helps other conditions if anything it seems to bring other health complications.

Also, during my period it seems all I feel is like horrible IBS symptoms it doesn't even really feel like a period anymore just like my insides are exploding and I need to run to the bathroom. And my ovary feels like its bruised just sore on the left side cause I only have 1 ovary. I guess my question is how is everything else doing 1 year after your procedure have things improved for you? Did your diarrhea ever go away? (I still get diarrhea all the time and it's worse during my period) I feel frustrated that life hasn't gone back to normal even though I feel I restrict my diet more. I was just in the ER a week ago for abdominal issues but they were a week and a half before my period and as far as I know I don't have PCOS or Endo but I'm starting to think other things are happening behind the scenes. I feel very frustrated with what my body is doing right now. How can I firm up my poo? I'm going crazy and feel like I can't always leave my house when it's bad.

Side note my dam scars still bother me especially the one right under my bra band in the front.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.