Gallbladder issues stones collapsed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi over the last 3 weeks I have been having sever episodes relating to my gallbladder.

The usual pain radiating from the center of my ches across my right upper chest around the the center of my shoulder blades.

Been hospitslised twice.

Went today for ultrsound. The stenoghrapher said my gall bladder was very unususl. As in the text books dont list what she saw.

I have a 3cm stone (not blocking anything) situated in the middle of my gallbladder. It looks like my gallbladder has colapsed behind the stone.

I have had 5 episodes in 7 days. The pain will not ease and lasts for over 8-10 hours.

Would rather give birth to 6 babies simultaneously then deal with this pain.

Any ideas??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Has your doctor dealing with the issue talked to you about treatment i.e. removal/ dissolvent tablets?

I heard a hot water bottle worked for some people for the pain

• Posted

Hi. Doctor said stone is to large and wont dissolve. They sent referral. Referral was placed on hold due to them not being able to read ultra sound report. Drs resent report (they could have just downloaded themselvez as it was done through them anyway).

Have now recieved another letter stating they are referring my referall back to the hospital that has done all the tests (they sent me to drs to get original referall sent rather than them doing it).

Absolutely ridiculous im sure the initial hospital could have done an internal referal in the first place.

Mean while pain is getting worse. Spreading further and lasting longer. More hospital stays. Living on pain killers. Which concern me as I dont normally take pain killers.

• Posted

Hello smile

Today I was able to stop one of my gallbladder attacks in progress

which I have never been able to do before so I thought I would share

in hopes that it may be helpful to someone else.

So it starts off as a pain which progressively gets worse and last up

8 hours. It is always triggered by food. I have try not to eat anything too fatty or greasy.

Too much dairy will also trigger it.

I think one reason I may have been able to stop my gallbladder

attack in progress is because I switched the order of the over counter

medication I take when having an attack and thank god no throwing up

this time. So here is the order of the over the counter medication that

worked for me. First I took a nexium (acid reducer) then I took a advil

gel capsule for the pain and inflammation (three in total) but not all at the same time -

as the pain came I took another as the pain came back then after taking the three advil

(gel capsules work faster for me) I took two crewable pepto bismol and

one full cup of kaopectale which have the same exact ingredient and dosage.

I continued to take the kaopectale every half an hour up to 7 doses (8 is

the maximum dosage (included the pepto bismol as one dose also).

I started feeling better before I got to the 7th dose but wanted to make

sure it didn't start up again so I took 7 doses.

I hope you find this helpful as I have suffered many gallbladder

attacks in great agony.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.