Gallbladder rocks

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello, 

I was diagnosed with gallbladder rocks last year. I am 20 years and havent removed it yet because I wanted to get some feed back from people close to my age, what was the best approach? did it affect you alot? it would be very helpful if a few people who have had simillar problems could comment and tell me about their story in order to get to a more educated decision. I have had plenty of medical feed back but Id love to hear it from those who had to go through it. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 29 i was having bad flare ups with pain nausea and vomiting before i had mine removed but since having my gall bladder out i still suffer with regular flare ups but i am starting 2 think i have a gall stone stuck in the bile duct.
  • Posted

I was 19 when I first got a gallbladder attack. It lasted a long time  but eventually  sticking to a low fat diet it settled down. I am now 53 and over the last 25 years have had ME. The last 15 years my health has deteriorated and I have had  so many episodes of acid reflux pain in right side etc but it is only in the  last 4 months that it has even occured to me that it may be my gallbladder playing up. I have been found to have a 1.8cm stone. I am not saying a bad gallbladder has caused all my ill health but I am beginning to wonder. I am waiting for my op to have it removed and I cant wait because life without it cant be any worse than what im currently going through.
    • Posted

Oh I feel for you Jane.

After several flare ups I had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

Still a bit of stomach ache now and again but certainly better than what I was before.

Hope you get this op soon.

Are you able to go in on a cancellation?

This is how I got my op otherwise I would probably still be waiting.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah, Thanks so much and I so appreciate your prayers. I had blood tests last week and apparently they are  raised but not sure how or what so Im going to the drs tomorrow to find out. I am on the cancellation list so hoping for  a slot soon but all they say when i ring is that im on the routine list and it cant be hurried! . I will keep posting on here in the hope it may help others struggling smile Thanks once again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.