Gallbladder symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

good afternoon folks.l,

right, I've been having lots and lots of issues lately and I will try to name a few symptoms I'm having.

• loud gurgling what feels like in my chest, this happens all the time.
  • discomfort sometimes burning just under my rib cage.
  • when eating it feels like it's taking an age to digest sometimes feels like it's stuck in my esophagus and get a feeling to burp and food sometimes comes back up Evan after an hour or so after eating
  • a general pain under my right rib cage sometimes front sometimes in the back and alot of the time both at the same time. it's have me in a@e 3 times over the last month.
  • acid, I don't know what acid feels like but I get a burning sensation in my upper abdomen.

when i was in a@e ive was given a ultrasound and they said i have gallbladder sludge and more than likely stones ( but they couldn't see stones for the sludge).

ive been referred to another department for the end of Jan.

bloods came back with raised LFT of 96,

i think the normal range is a max of 50.

please tell me some of you have had all these same symptoms and a gallbladder removal fixed it, it's horrible living this way I feel crap all the time.

I eat a high fiber diet low cal, I've lost 36 lb over the last 5 months or so and the doctor says that's mainly the reason. I am currently 279lb in weight so I'm overweight.

cheers folks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

It sounds like you've been through a lot lately, dealing with a range of uncomfortable symptoms. The combination of loud gurgling in your chest, discomfort under your rib cage, difficulty with digestion, and the burning sensation in your upper abdomen can be quite distressing.

The ultrasound results indicating gallbladder sludge and possibly stones could indeed correlate with the symptoms you're experiencing. Gallbladder issues often manifest in ways similar to what you've described, and in some cases, removal of the gallbladder does alleviate these problems for many individuals.

Your weight loss journey is commendable, but sometimes rapid weight loss can trigger gallbladder issues due to changes in diet. Losing 36 pounds over five months, especially with a high-fiber, low-calorie diet, might have contributed to these concerns, as your doctor suggested.

The raised LFT (Liver Function Test) levels could also be linked to gallbladder issues, as bile buildup or obstruction might affect liver enzymes.

It's great that you've been referred to another department for further evaluation at the end of January. Until then, it might help to continue following the advice of your healthcare provider regarding diet and lifestyle. Sometimes, managing symptoms can involve dietary adjustments or medications to alleviate discomfort temporarily.

Remember, each person's experience with gallbladder issues and their resolution through removal can vary. Some individuals find significant relief post-surgery, while others might experience different outcomes. It's a good idea to discuss all your concerns thoroughly with your healthcare team and explore all possible options for managing and treating your symptoms.

Hang in there, and I hope the upcoming consultation provides more clarity and a path toward feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.