Gangrene alternative medicaton.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My family and I are desparately trying to find an alternative to treating gangrene other than by amputation. My brother is willing to have the surgery but the doctors say that he would not mke it thru the operation with heart and kidneys not being in good shape. We are searching for alternatives to either curing ir slowing this down. We know it is a long shot but we do not want to leave any stone  unturned if there is another solution.  Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is waaay off topic.

I need to have a better idea of the underlying issues. Maybe we could encourage the development of collateral vessels with hirudotherapy. Leeches. Beyond that, the pt may be sol.

• Posted

have you considered clinical maggots? sounds gross but they only eat dead meat and clean up infections like no other. 
    • Posted

Yes we acually had just come across  that treatment but unfortunately my brother is having other problems now,  fluid in his lungs and his kidneys are shutting down, we have been told he is not going to make it.   But thank you for taking the time to reply...appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.