Genital herpes? *picture*

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I have spent last days checking out symptoms for genital herpes after I received a single red "bump" (looked like a pimple first, red) which then turned into some kind of lesion. It has healed over the last days, wish I had taken a picture of it before. I dont feel like what I have sounds like the typical herpes but then again I also read that it differs a lot between persons. I went to the doctor today and he took a swab and I should get my results within 2 weeks but I'd really like an opinion.

Does it look like a herpes? I don't have any other lesions, just this one and like I said it first started out more like a pimple, there was no liquid in it I think. I know I will get my results and I should try to stay calm but I'm so stressed. Also, I have not gotten any other symptoms. It doesn't hurt, feel fine peeing, no sickness etc. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Where is it located?
    • Posted

On the lower end of the penis, near the hair area. Thought it was visible on the picture, sorry
    • Posted

To me that doesnt look like hsv looks like maybe an ingrown hair or a boil. Im not a dr tho
  • Posted

Hi Karl. This looks like a minor sebaceous pimple, but then again I am not a doctor. Try to remain optimistic and patiently wait for the result from the doctor. I am glad to know that you took that iniative for yourself.

Tell me though, how did you feel during the days you had the bump? 

• Posted

Hey DaisukeShino and thanks for the answer, really hope you're right. 

During the days I had the bump I felt fine (and well it's still bumpy but just like you see on the picture). No sickness, no ratch or anything which I hope is a sign that I haven't cought Herpes.

My doctor didn't seem to know much, just told me that the most likely reason to have a sore on your penis is Herpes and scared me. He then took the swab and sent me to a blood test for syphilis. That plus that I haven't been responsible in my sex life after breaking up with my girlfriend is really scaring me. Hoping to god that it's just a pimple, hands down will never have unprotected sex with a stranger again.

• Posted

i have something very similar. i have 4 of those bumps and started the same way with no symptoms such as pain or itching. what did it ens up being? i was tested today but have to wait like you.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.