Genital Herpes type 1 information

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there! I have some questions for those who have HSV type 1 such as myself ( or even if you have type 2).

I was diagnosed over a year's ago, have had about 2 outbreaks within the first year, however both times it was only one sore that lasted 5 days ( during both times I was not sexual lyrics active ). Other than that I have had no issues. This year however I might be suffering from the worst OB since my first. But I suspect it was because I had a vaginal bacterial infection that cause this OB. Anyways to my main questions, how soon after my OB is it OK to have sex? I want to make sure I have an idea in order to not pass on the virus to my current partner. As I said with both my past out breaks I just happened to not be sexaully active so I had no concerns of passing it on to anyone. But right now that isn't the case.

Have any of you with Genital HSV1 ever passed on the virus to any of your partners?

I'm just basically looking for more in formation out there in regards to type 1. Since almost every time I try and Google information and studies on GHSV1 there is almost none or it all pertains to type 2. Granted I know gential type 1 is not as contagious as 2.

I'd also be happy to share any information that other may find helpful.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey how are you doing smile

You sound like a lucky girl with these outbreaks haha

Anyway back to it

Wait until all of your sores have completely gone before having sex and by that I mean no sign of them what so ever if it's cleared by 10 days I say you're good to go

• Posted

I'm good! Besides this OB hah

I realize my outbreaks have not been bad at all but I'm aware people with GHSV1 don't usually deal with too many OB's.

Ok, Im just an over cautious person. I know shedding can occur at any moment I'm just wondering if even after the day I notice I'm healed I should still wait. Or if shedding generally occurs for a certain amount of time after a helped OB.

Thanks for your input!

• Posted

From the knowledge I have from this

The shedding takes place 2 weeks before the outbreak, once the sores have gone they are no longer contagious if you will!

Still wear a condom to be sure but shedding is 2 weeks before and the most contagious is then and whilst the sores are fresh

Have a good day!

• Posted

I apologize in advance for my spelling I have a phone with weird autocorrect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.