Genital LP and oral

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had this for around 4 months, tried most over the counter things but no help. Just getting worse. I have not been to a dermatologist yet but am currently trying clobetrasol. I have it in my mouth and on the arches of my feet. My mouth doesn't hurt, but my feet itch sometimes. I'm mostly worried about clearing it up on the glans of my penis. Any help is very appreciated. Thank you.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I waited too long to se a Detmatologist and now I have it everywhere. Go now and get on prednisone for a short while. It truly helps. Itch is gone and it's starting to clear up. I have taken it for two weeks now.
  • Posted

I luckily don't have it in my mouth as of yet, thankfully. I do have it on my ankles and on my penis. It started for me I believe from a reaction to antibiotics about 4mo ago. My Dr. put me on topical steroids, which seemed to do the trick after about a month. Now though it has come back, but not quite as bad as before. The topical steroids are Triamcinolone Acetone 0.1% for my ankles and hydrocortisone cream 2.5%. The Triamcinolone works better but shouldn't be use on your genitals, hydrocortisone for that. I will have to starthe again applying to hopefully get fluid of this for good. Fingers crossed. Good luck
  • Posted

I luckily don't have it in my mouth as of yet, thankfully. I do have it on my ankles and on my penis. It started for me I believe from a reaction to antibiotics about 4mo ago. My Dr. put me on topical steroids, which seemed to do the trick after about a month. Now though it has come back, but not quite as bad as before. The topical steroids are Triamcinolone Acetone 0.1% for my ankles and hydrocortisone cream 2.5%. The Triamcinolone works better but shouldn't be use on your genitals, hydrocortisone for that. I will have to start again applying to hopefully get rid of this for good. Fingers crossed. Good luck
    • Posted

Such a crazy disease, and they say don't stress! For real, how do you not! Good luck to you😆
  • Posted

I think you should see a dermatologist ASAP. Get into  medication routine. Follow as much discussions as you can to predict how it can manifest and change your life. This may be a bit stressfull at first but foresight will prepare you to handle and tackle all the ups and downs. I think the LP on your glans penis might just subside with application of a prescribed steroid. You will be left with a black spot over time which may or may not be sensitive. Just in case the  dermatologist forgets to mention - Dont dob the creme thinking it will heal faster. apply a very thin film. Thats a layman's advice. 
  • Posted

Hi everyone.

There is hope! Let me tell you how I have come to live comfortably with Lichen Planus on my penis. This has been a long road of trial and error and I hope this will help many people out there suffering.

First off, this is a horrible disease and I suffered painfully for years. It complicated my life tremendously and there is very little information online to help or manage properly.. Doctors don’t really know enough about this condition to properly advise treatment either. I went to at least 5 dermatologists including the very best in Los Angeles at UCLA and Cedar Sinai. I even turned to eastern medicine…Chinese herbs, etc. I understand that everyones body is different but this is what worked for me:

FINALLY, I found a regular treatment to manage my condition so I don’t live with pain and I can have regular sex without much issue at all. Sex aside, I’m not in constant pain which is a literal life changer.

Right now (and for the last 6 months) has been using tacrolimus ointment (0.03%) 3 times consecutively weekly. I apply Sunday Night, Monday Morning, and again Monday Night. Lichen Planus has the tendency to move around the area slightly (this occurred about a year into my disease symptoms), so I always apply to the areas that it has occurred in the past. Important note: tacrolimus can sting in a very similar way to the way Lichen Planus stings when used in excess. You can easily mistake one pain for the other. It took me a year to figure this out! The 3 applications in a row that I mentioned has worked for me. The tacrolimus will keep the rash from coming back aggressively in a very significant way.

However, if the rash does come back, use a steroid to knock it down first and then apply tacrolumis only when the rash is down… applying tacolumis on the rash can be very painful and should only be applied when the rash is down. Don’t let the rash linger, you must knock it down. I currently use Desonide cream. Important note: this is a cream not an ointment and can rub off with clothes. I make sure to apply and sit in bed without anything rubbing off the cream for at least an hour. You can apply the steriod twice daily until the rash is down. Once in the morning, once at night.

Another steriod that can be used is Triamcinolone 0.01%. The forskin is sensitive so I wouldn’t recommend anything stronger than the 0.01% option. I also prefer the ointment over the cream because it doesn’t rub off as easily with cream. Important note: the skin can get used to steroids and begin to create a resistance and the effects can dissipate. If this happens you can simply switch to a different steriod… such as Desonide. I prefer Desonide as I mentioned above because it seems to be more effective and quicker for me.

Long time steriod use without breaking (more than a week…2 max if you absolutely need to) can damage the skin or create enlarged blood vessels. Be careful of this! I was applying steriod repeatedly in one area thinking it was Lichen Planus and wanting to prevent the spread of the rash. It turned out to only be an elegarged blood vessel due repeated steriod use. Please be careful of that as I’m still managing the damage in that area as I used steriod cream for about a month and half straight. Don’t make the mistake I made.

All in all Tacrolumis rhythm is where you want to get to without any rash recusance at all. The only pain you’ll feel is barley any pain at all during the days you apply the ointment. This is not a big pain and completely livable in my opinion. Using stronger Tacrolumis can be painful after years of use… it’s been a learning curve for me, but the 0.03% has been my secret weapon and ultimately my solution.

Remember, this is an autoimmune disease. The root cause is likely your lifestyle…perhaps a combination of many things all having to do with how you live… You can to make sure you do other things to make everything more manageable. Get into good shape. Excerise, eat clean and stay away from inflammatory foods such as gluten and sugars. Get good sleep, meditation and try to keep your emotional stress in good balance. When these things in my life get out of balance the rash is more persistent. Your body is telling you there is something wrong… it can be a strong motivator to get things in order… I hope this helps people out there! I’d love to hear of your journey and please let me know if I can be of any help. I am not a medical expert, just a man who has come through the bad times and still managing the disease day-to-day.

• Posted

ive also been dealing with lp on the glans of the penis i had it last summer and it went away but now i believe it is back due to some burning im experiencing in my urethra but need to get checked just in case

its scary stuff but it does get better over time

this requires a great deal of patience and just being positive is really important

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.