Genital Mollescum at 30yrs old

Posted , 5 users are following.

To everyone out there who feels like they are suffering alone. I am with you! Here's my mollescum journey:

I had my first mollescum bump about 4 months ago. I just had one for about a month and I didn't think anything of it. I thought it was just a stubborn ingrown hair. When two more appeared and I started to worry it was herpes. I went to the doctor, took every STD test available, and was told I had mollescum. He put me on Podofilox, which I started taking. While I was on the podofilox, I still didn't really know much about mollescum. I rewore clothes, still dried with towels, didn't really do anything different. I can't belive my doctor didn't tell me more about this awful infection. The Podofilox worked really well on the 3 bumps I put it on, but I must have missed some bumps (I definitely did because during this time I saw other bumps that were much smaller, but i thought they were ingrown hairs). I thought I was cured after the Podofilox, and then shaved again like an idiot. 2 weeks later, I looked down and had about 10 bumps. By the next day, it was up to 25. I immediately went to the doctor again who put me on another topical - Imiquimod (also called Aldara)

So now i'm on Imiquimod for just over a week. 3x a week. One the "off" days, I apply ACV on each bump. I have about 30 bumps but it's honestly hard to tell sometimes what is a bump and what isn't - they can be so small! I wash the area morning and night. During the day I put bandaids with a drop of ACV on the ones outside my bikini area. I change my underwear once a day, always use gloves when putting on my medicine. I constantly wash my hands or use hand sanitzer and am eating more vegetables and now taking a zinc supplement. I only dry my genital area with a hair dryer - never use towels.

I am open to any and all suggestions on how to beat this thing quickly! I'm traveling a ton for work in the next few months and I'm really worried about how i'm going to pack enough underwear on my trips or maintain the level of sanitation required to stop this virus from spreading...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Also wanted to say, the imiquimod is definitely working. The bumps are getting redder, more irritated and a few of them are breaking - and I've read this is a good sign that your body is fighting them off.

• Posted

try taking vitamins like vit c. zinc. b12. boost your immune system it will help. i have MC before i have 12 bumps. its now only 2 left and almost gone . ur immune system plays a big role in this battle. stop smoking if u r. reduce alcohol intake. get enough sleep.

• Posted

imageimage

sorry in advance but i got the first bump (which is the big one) 2 month ago and i shaved thinking it was an ingrown hair bump but then i noticed it started getting bigger and bigger i decided to shave so i could see it better then i got 2 other little tiny ones seek in the pic but i took those pictures today & the first one i got looks inflamed 😦 im a broke college student right now so i dont know where to go what to do or how to get rid of them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.