GERD and Anxiety Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

My name is Roger. I have been suffering what started off as dull upper abdomen pain with acid reflux. Doctore put me on Omeprazole after about 6 weeks my symptoms went away. But during that time my limbs would numb very easily at night and i would get a constant dull upper back sweat at all times. I stopped taking the Omeprazole. Then all my symptoms returned 2 months later. Now i also get slightly dizzy at times dull neck and headaches. Muscle twitches and still the constant dull back sweat. I feel fuzzy at times and find my self searching for words when i talk. This has been happening for a total of 6 months. Recently my doctor chaulked it up to anxiety, but i feel these things when im relaxed also. I have heard of people having these symptoms with ulcers. What do you think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roger. Have you been checked for HPylori as your simptoms were slightly like mine.
    • Posted

Yes, it came back negative also checked for blood in my stool which also came back negative. Which would eliminate a bleeding ulcer. Aside from dull upper abdo ache and acid reflux i have not had any cramping like people with ulcer complain about
  • Posted

My symptoms were even worst . It started back in June with mild lower abdomen cramps. A weeks after that Because pain progressed I went to ER. They did all tests, CT with contrast, blood and urin , ultrasound of pelvic. They gave me hydrocodone and send back home because all tests came back normal. Back home pain was getting worst each day , where I stopped eating and lost sooo much waight . I went back to doctor where they prescribed omeprazole for 4 weeks , it helped 10% but pain was there. Than they send me to check function of liver, pancreas and gallbladder ( it was perfect). They send me to do ultrasound of these organs ( normal). They send me to do pap smear test in case of overian cancer ( normal). Thyroid function ( normal). Stool test to check for blood ( normal), blood test for desiese ( lymphoma, leukemia, HIV) normal, but my pain was still there. On the end they tested me for H pylori ( positive). I was on antibiotics which didnt get rid of bacteria. Then they send me to do endoscopy because of pain . Everything was normal , no GERD, redness, ulcer but still positive on H pylori . They gave me 18 pills per day, 4 antibiotics plus omeprazole -5.500 mg strong medications which I never took because I felt that will kill me . So I still have bacteria but no pain thanks God. Unfortunately I had pain for 6 months every day and lost 20 lbs. it was worst pain ever . Im 27 and now I started having neck issues . Having a swollen lymph node on neck 2 cm for over 4 months. Icured stomach but neck is now next problem . Scheduled for CT scan of neck . Im tired of doctors and testings ! Hope you feel better , but dont worry . I was 100% convinced that I have stomach cancer but everything turned ok but it takes so long to feel better.
    • Posted

Hi Anesa. It took me 4 attempts last attempt of 4 antibiotics and your right it nearly saw me off never mind the H Pylori I thought I was dying but was just the antibiotics doing the job. I suffered for 2 years with it but I never had any ulcers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.