GETTING OUT IN THE GARDEN

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Hippies,

It's a nice day here in North Wales today so feeling like I should be doing a bit in the garden (10 weeks post op) couldn't do much before op so need to tidy quite a few beds.

At what point did you venture out with the machete without suffering any hip problem?

Regards

Paula North Wales

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula

​Did you have your op at Ysbyty Gwynedd ?

• Posted

Hi, sorry to take so long to reply.  I use windows 8.1 add received the option to upgrade to windows 10!!! pressed the yes button not realising it takes 24 hours to download.  Well in answer to your question I was on the list in North Wales for over 52 weeks and received a phone call to say that in an effort to set the list down patients were to be offered a hospital in England.  I was offered Gobowen - marvellous would recommend.

​Regards Paula and shih-tzu Molly Anglesey

• Posted

Hi Paula

​I was scheduled for op in September, but cancelled due DVT, now back on waiting list.

Hope you like Windows 10.

​Regards. Bill and lhasa-apso Maysie Gwynedd.  

• Posted

Molly is really cute. These is a good thread from 5 months ago started by sassybees 'For Dog Lovers'.
  • Posted

I think i'll need a scythe or some sort of agricultural machine - the grass has grown so much since October when I cut it last.  Perhaps I'll just call in our local gardening firm that trim our hedges for us and let them take the strain.

Graham

• Posted

I mowed the lawn at 6 weeks. My wife started the mower and emptied the box, I pushed the mower. I did edging with long handled shears too and my wife collected the grass. Just do a little at a time then have a rest. Tony 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.