Getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had this ringing in my ear for a couple of months now. Lately it's getting louder and it's hard to hear out of the ear (left). This morning, after working a night shift, while walking to the car my balance was off, sort of leaning to the left. (Not driving, carpool).

When I got home I was dizzy and lightheaded, when I laid in bed the room was spinning.

I'm a 48 year old female with cardiac issues. I take many heart meds including 81mg aspirin a day.

Is the dizziness etc, normal with tinnitus?

Thanks for any info!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Laurie I have tinnitus 11 yrs ,then 6/7 yrs ago I developed balance MDDS boat swaying , I also take a BP Med ,with Menieres you get drop Attacks . Get your meds checked out ,have they recently changed a med ,maybe it's that causing the problem . It's fairly common amongst tinnitus sufferers to get balance issues . 

Go get it checked out ,get your sinuses checked out ,that can make my balance worse ,in which I have to gauge my day to it sinuses , ears get blocked ,like their full up . Affects ones balance . Hope yours get sorted ,by sounds of things you've got enough health issues to be dealing with . Good Luck . 

• Posted

Left ear tinnitus, leaning to the left and left ear hearing loss is suggestive of a left ear nerve problem (involving both balance and hearing).  You need to see an ENT physician, preferably on with an interest in neurotology.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.