Gfr was 60 last year

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello All

I am a bit worried about my kidneys last year it wad 60. Im worried it has dropped i was recently diagnosed with a uti. Im only 37 years old. My other levels were great

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I also have aches and pain all over with hand swelling sometimes

• Posted

what is your currently test results . i saw that everything about 60 is normal . can you tell more about your laboratory results

• Posted

I'm hoping you have a speedy and complete recovery. A UTI or AKI is most often rapidly treated and healed with a full recovery. Stay calm and try to relax. Meditation, self reflextion and Yoga worked wonders for me. Stay positive, I was having bad panic attacks and constant anxiety. I sought out counseling and support. As a result I'm sleeping at night for 8 hours again and more relaxed. God bless...keep the faith!

• Posted

Thank you. Sometimes i worry alot i have 3 kids and i worry about my health cause i want to be here for them. Lately my body is doing weird things like itchy and swelling hands. Im going to Miami next week so im going to focus on that. Thanks for your reply

• Posted

stay positive and don't let the negative overwhelm and consume you. My mind has done weird things to my body. Stay calm, watch your diet and control those things you can. You are still in the normal range and a UTI could account for much. You will get through this! Have faith and stay phyiscally active

• Posted

Don't start to panic yet, 60 GFR could just be a blip. See what your next results are, remember kidneys also work off your blood pressure so try to relax and be calm. With a good nephrologist and dietician you may be able to stabilise it. Before anyone starts screaming " but she has ckd".So did I, but mine was discovered at 25 GFR. Thanks to great care from all medical people I was stable for 15 years between 25-15GFR . Just before xmas 2018 I had a kidney/pancreas transplant, everything went fantastic,(and again before people start screaming at the screen, it was agreed by consultants and me to do this pre-dialysis)so please relax and wait for your next results. Good luck and try to think the body works on positive mental attitude.

• Posted

Im trying really hard to relax but it's so hard when your body is doing weird things. Im not sure why the doctor didnt tell me about this i had to come across some old paperwork to discover it. I dropped him and i have a new doctor now so my appt is the 26th of this month. I will try to focus on my family spring break vacation which is next friday and remain positive. Your reply really helps thank you

• Posted

Hi @julia65304, I came across this thread and wondered how you were doing? I'm in a similar situation, having recently discovered my GFR on test results has been very low for someone of my age (I';m 37) (I've yearly readings going back the past 5 years in order 70 (in 2018), 77 (2019), 80 (2020), 68 ( 2021), 82 (2022), and just this week 89 (2023). Creatinine level are always ranging from between 94-110. I'm now really concerned about this as Dr Google and many reliable sites say that this is very low for someone of my age and that between 60-90 is early CKD? I've also had on/off other symptoms like frequent urination and unexplained Non-visible haematuria on multiple tests over the past few years.

My GP doesn't seem concerned at all, and took the view that its over 60, so within range, despite that I pointed out my age and the information online. I'm also really confused how my eGFR results are seemingly so inconsistent? struggling to know what to think, and have now self referred myself to a nephrologist this week.

• Posted

hi i am actually going through the same thing. I am 39 years old and my egfr has always been above 90 even when done this year in march. A consultant that I am seeing for a colonoscopy did the egfr today and it has dropped to 67. I am so baffled as not overweight or diabetic ans dont have high blood pressure although my diet can be improved. Did you find out whats going on ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.