GI issues and first endoscopy in 2 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

GI

I have had reflux a few times in the past few years when I’ve had bad food (fatty fried food late at night at an event). In Feb I was on a trip and ate a dry hamburger and it definitely hurt going down, like it felt pain in my esophagus/upper stomach area. The next two days all I ate was clam chowder and that seemed to go down better. Since then my Dr said she thought I had esophagitis and told me to take PPI (omeprazole) for two weeks. I cut out “bad foods” and tried not to eat past 7 pm. My symptoms came and went, sometimes it would be fine, other times felt like something was painful at the bottom of my esophagus when swallowing or food was going down super slow like a pill was getting stuck almost. I stopped PPI every time after 2 weeks because it says to on the bottle. I also had some more trips were we ate “bad” foods at odd late night hours, and started over again with PPI every time. I think the PPI helps with reflux as I haven’t had it since. But sometimes I have a lot of burping and trapped air, and other times the burp kind of burns my nose like wasabi or carbonated beverages. Most recently I have been on PPI for 6 weeks and they finally scheduled me for an endoscopy. I have terrible health anxiety and am terrified of the procedure, and what they might find. Has anyone every had this? It is the weirdest pain/ discomfort. I always have noticed that sometimes dry egg yolks go down super slow and weirdly uncomfortable. Drinking water seems fine. I cut out all spicy, tomato, fatty, fried, caffeine, chocolate, black tea, and pate night eating. I sleep elevated.y symptoms come and go. Sometimes I swallow perfectly fine. Other times it feels So uncomfortable esp when a large piece of meat goes down, wet foods feel a lot Better. She said esophagitis can take 6 weeks to heal. Any words of encouragement or supper are appreciated. I am an early 40s relatively healthy person but suffer from massive general anxiety and health anxiety. I think I might be more sensitive to body sensations than most. When I lie down I feel my heartbeat and have always been able to. Ugh I am just soooo worried that it’s the worst case scenario.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.