Gilbert’s syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

I Knew I had GILBERT's syndrome since my early twenty's and had no problems other than yellow eyes. Now in my 30's I am having lots of brain fog and dizzy spells For about 3 weeks now. those are my main symptoms. I went to my Dr. 3 weeks ago because I was having dull liver pain, low grade stomach ache, and very fatigued. blood work came back great other than my bilirubin count was really elevated. I Told him that i had GS and he said "gs dose not cause these symptoms." So he diagnosed me with acute gastritis. He prescribed me a PPI for the gastritis that i did not take because I knew it was probably my GS. the only way I knew that is because I read other peoples stories on this forum. long story short, how do you guys deal with the brain fog and dizzy spells. my other symptom are gone. P.S, have you guys dealt with any throat dryness off and on?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you. My trigger seems to be anxiety and stress. I have never been a stressful person until one day I woke up thinking that I have a serious illness. I had a bunch of alcohol the night before and I see that alcohol can be a trigger also. I had four beers at a baseball game two night ago and i woke up in night sweats and panicking. so no alcohol for me!!

• Posted

SNAP! IM also trying to cut out the alcohol as my anxiety literally hits the roof. I got told I have Gs back in 2017, after taking some acne medication as i had to have regular blood tests which in the end i had to stop taking them. cut a long story short, my anxiety started just over a year ago & its been a roller coaster to be fair. THE PAST FEW months thought things was getting better but then boom triggers are there and im spiralling back to square 1. MAIN ONE IS MY JAUNDICED EYES & pain round my liver area which comes & goes for the past year now. Last year i had ultrasounds, blood tests & stool samples tested and came back fine. But im starting to feel tired a lot & dizzy plus my jaundiced eyes and pain.

I feel i dont want to go Drs as i feel scared but also i want reassurance.

I dont know what to do. I feel scared & lonely. Just watched Patrick Swayze documentry and that panicked me as his symptoms I feel thats what ive got.

I have smoked & drank a lot since a vwey young age which also scares me. I was young and nieve. Now im trying to look after myself better STOPPED alcohol and only having about 4 fags a week for the past 3 weeks or so., doing it gradually. I hate Anxiety.

So yes Corey you are not alone, & theres some wonderful understanding people out there. YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.