Gilberts and HRT/Menopause and B12

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need help!

I'm a woman in peri-menopause.

I have had to opt for transdermal patches for my HRT to bypass the liver

I am super poorly with it and having read up I wonder if my B12 being low is not helping?

My B12 was 217 PMOL

Any help on B12 or thoughts about menopause with Gilberts much appreciated

Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hello. Your B12 low is just a part of much bigger problem. All your B vitamins can be low because of malabsorption. Low b12 levels lead to low copper and zinc. Copper is very important for hormon production. I suggest you to do copper and zinc analyses. Take magnesium 200-600 mg few times a day preferably on empty stomach (dont test blood magnesium, just follow your instincts) and b vitamins complex in comfort dose, and take b9 and b12 separately of complex in larger doses if you eat meat (500 mcg will be sufficient for b12 and 400-2500 mcg for b9). If your copper levels are low you need to avoid vitamin C supplements and food that contains this vitamin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.