Girlfriend says she's doesn't love me anymore after stopping meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

Need some advice

My girlfriend of 3 months just broke up with me yesterday due to having no feelings for me anymore this was a shock to me because we were completely fine and was unknown to me this was gonna happen

I found out that she had been off her antidepressants for 2 weeks she told be she had felt better not taking them and going completely cold turkey she was taking quite strong doses of them she has said she doesn't love me anymore and hasn't done for at least a week is this a cause of her not taking her pills, she all so takes strong hay-fever tablets and has the contraception implant also she has asked for space and time to see how we are is this all because of her going cold turkey on the pills?

She says she had slept better and feels more organised physically but it feels like she's self destructing as she gave me everything I gave her back and change photos of us need some advice on this is time the best healer and she'll realise it was a mistake to leave me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is kind of long but I’ve experienced this also. several times.

Sorry you are going through this. I know how painful it can be.

It may or may not have something to do with her stopping the medication, but chances are it doesn’t matter about that.

At this time, it’s best to give her the space that she has asked for. don’t chase after her. she may have some thinking to do.

if she comes back, then you can continue getting to know each other. Keep in mind that three months is a very short time of dating. There’s a lot you don’t know about each other yet. It takes a good year to know somebody pretty well and even at that, there are things people don’t know yet.

If she doesn’t come back, then, she has decided that it was not the right connection for her. And if that is the case, that would be best for both of you because it wouldn’t have worked out anyway, if it wasn’t the right connection.

dating really is a time to figure out if it was meant to be or not. It’s kind of like an interview to see if it’s a good match. And there’s nothing wrong with it if it’s not. somebody will get hurt, but Better to find out sooner rather than later.

I’ve been through this, and I was hurt, but I was appreciative of the honesty of the person I was dating. That’s important. some relationships are meant for friendship, and that’s what we became which was great.

I moved on and found the right match for myself. Hang in there and just see what happens and no matter what happens you’re gonna be OK.

Life has its hills and valleys and that is certain! But the important thing is how you respond to the valleys.

• Posted

I just feel her that because she's come off them without a doctors say so is the reason why her emotions are gone because she's going through the high stage of coming off them but feel she's gonna self destruct which is what she is doing right because we've already meet each others familys I was meant to be going away next week with her and lots of other trips planned and set, I've said I'll give her space and time which is what she had asked for, she has said she wants to remain friends, yes we were dating for 3 months but had been seeing each other for 5 months and had a connection from the right off, after to speaking to a few people in my life they all seem to think because she's gone cold turkey on very heavy antidepressants after only being on them for a little while, I've Said to her that I'll wait for her as she said she's not ready for a relationship and needed a out to make her own mistakes and be on her own but said I want to wait for her and try again when she's ready whenever that be, I really hoping she's gonna see the error of her ways because she didn't cry or get upset which i know something is wrong because she got upset and me trying to do the dishes a few weeks ago after saying not too, me head is a complete mess I'm giving her what she needs and gonna see what happens

• Posted

I think now after looking online she is experiencing emotional blunting I've left her alone after speaking to her best friend so someone is supporting her going cold turkey on her meds, but she has all the signs of this what they called mental blunting so I'm gonna give her some time, do people find that the ex in this case does think about them or miss the little things that you do for them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.