Glandular fever at 45!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had this now for 9 weeks really fatigued and light headed swollen glands and truly fed up any tips or encouragement for an old girl as most posts are teenagers with symptoms! sad sad 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I just wanted to drop you a message to offer you some reassurance. Glandular fever truly is a horrible thing, I had it as an adult and it took a good while but eventually it does get better and things do go away. When I had it I was 26, I thought it was a never ending experience but gradually you start to feel stronger and the symptoms go away one by one. Just want you to hang in there because I know things will get better. Best advice I could really give is to make sure you take some good vitamins....a good strong multi-vitamin is really good. There is one in the UK called Immunace which help me. B-complex are also good, taking a B-50 or B-100 a day will really boost your energy levels, as will Co-enzyme Q10.

Thinking about you and willing you to get better....unfortunately it's just a time factor with Glandular Fever but the time will come when the effects disappear....hang in there!

• Posted

Thank you so much for reassurance I manage to work as have my own business but that's it! I'm taking vitamins bit will check out the one you suggested ... Really appreciate your comments as I feel I'm never going to recover 😰
    • Posted

That's great you have your own business Sarah, glandular fever definitely does make working difficult. I had to be off work for 5 months when I had it and have a phased return after that. You can get immunace in boots chemist.

I felt exactly the same as you like I would never recover. The body has amazing strength though it will pull through. The horrid feeling of fever running through you and constantly aching glands and feeling wiped out is horrible. So be kind to your body, get plenty of rest, don't try and battle against it all the time because it just makes you more tired. A short walk every day is a good idea but also with plenty of rest and sleep.

By the time Spring comes you will be feeling a bit like your old self. It will take time but you will definitely get there Sarah! Hang in there!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.