glass bottle hit outside bone of ankle, just a bruise or something more serious?

Posted , 2 users are following.

so yesterday i was taking the trash out at work and for some reason there was a glass bottle in the bottom (pretty sure one of those Starbucks frappuccino to go glasses). the bag was heavy so i was swinging it to get some momentum to throw it into the bin, but on one of the swings it slammed into the outside bone of my left ankle. it hurt instantly, but nothing weird or too painful when i walked but then a few mins later i was walking back inside and i noticed that with each step i took i got a sharp stabbing pain in my ankle and it just felt really weird hurt. since then, it hasnt stopped hurting and it has gotten to a constant ache, with the sharp pain coming when i move it or walk. its really bruised, swollen, and i have a limited range of motion especially when i flex it but my ankle also feels tight or like blocked when i move it too. im hoping its just a bone bruise but with the amount it hurts i am a little concerned and just want to see if i should go to the doctor soonish or just wait it out for a few days to see how it feels/progresses

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hey Abby! Hope you're ok! I dropped something on my foot a long time ago and happened to break a metatarsal - get it checked out just to be safe!

Sam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.