Gnawing left abdomen

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all,

I have had an issue now for like 2 years roughly. This is more of an annoyance and cause of anxiety than anything else really.

I have this gnawing or like slight pressure feeling under my lower ribs on the LEFT side only.

Feels slightly worse shortly after eating or when laying down. Though have to be clear this never amounts to what I would call pain, its just like more evident its there. Picture shows exact location of the feeling.

I went to the doctors a couple of years ago for it, they did bloods and fecal tests and they were clear. They decided due to where the ache was it may have been my kidney, they did a full scan (cant think or name and also an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed that my left kidney had a small tube not closing properly so this could have been the reason, but i do emphasise the could here.

They assured me they couldnt see anything to worry about on my main scan and then sent me on my way.

2 years on and im going through abit of a period of feeling it more and its making me anxious (viscous circle) as then I cant take my mind off it and so makes me feel like its worse.

Other symptoms, I am generally quite windy at both ends some days can be VERY bad depending on foods.

i have recently started feeling a little more tired etc than i normally would and not 100% myself but know this could be because of stress.

i wanted to know of anyone has anything like this? What did you get told? Has anyone anything i can try?

i do plan to re visit the doctor but being 35 they generally just throw stats at me and tell me how unlikely it is to be anything serious.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Rick

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

anyone able to provide any help or advice or gone through something similar?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.