Going back to work

Posted , 1 user is following.

Had to call in to work sick early this week, as I had developed slurred speech without symptoms or any warning signs.

I went to A&E to and bloods done and CT scan. I was allowed home same day to come back as an outpatient if MRI was needed. There was no real explanations given as to my condition

The agency I work for wanted a sick note from GP, who advised they were aware of my A&E visit and I could self certify till Sunday, then I would need sick note. The agency generously said I would be paid full wages for the week and to rest up and take time off from work. I've since been advised, because I'm on full pay (like a leave of absence), I'm not currently self certifying.

I now have an MRI booked for Saturday, but because I've indicted to the agency I want to go back to work from Monday (my speech is now much improved, albeit the condition is still undiagnosed) the agency now want a fit note so I can work again.

I'm not physically or mentally impaired by this situation, it's just my speech and feel working will be beneficial for me, not least so that I don't lose out financially and I understand my health and well-being comes first before work or money.

If I'm not currently self certifying, so how does this work? My feeling is I won't get the fit note as I'm currently not technically off sick, meaning I will have to self certify from next Monday and/or be signed off sick pending outcome of MRI and if any treatments are required.

Any advice on this would be gratefully received

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.