Going crazy due to heart palpitations

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I have no idea what to do at this point. I have had four echocardiograms and many ekgs and holter monitors and am expecting one in the next two weeks. I randomly get this weird feeling which feels like a surge of adrenaline that makes my heart start to flutter/skip/race and it feels like a horse galloping full speed in my chest. I have to sometimes take a deep breath or bare down and it goes away. It lasts anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds. It mostly happens at random but twice it happened when I changed positions (I laid down or bent over) it felt like it was connected to my breathing. I've had like 7 episodes since 2016 I think. I had an ablation for my wpw syndrome and so when I bring up my symptoms my electrophysiologist says it's the electrical thing trying to go through the pathway but it can't since it was ablated. He said he feels I'm too focused on my symptoms and should treat my anxiety. I told him I got an episode of this heart flutter before the ablation. Now he did say that he induced svt during the ablation. Maybe I'm having SVT? I told him I'm worried about nsvt and VT and he said my heart would have to be damaged and since it isn't it's not dangerous. I asked for a loop recorder to record my heart for longer than 48 hours and he said he doesn't feel it's necessary and that I can always get a second opinion. Problem is that I can't find anymore that take my insurance that are near me. I've looked for the past month. I'm losing hope. I don't know what to do. He told me I'm okay and it's nothing to worry about but I fear every day that when it goes into that rhythm it will not go away and I womt have enough time to get to the ER.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.