going from DLA to PIP

Posted , 8 users are following.

Please can anyone tell me is everyone regardless of age going to askd to apply for PIP or is it only working age?  I read that if one was born on or before 1948 then your sill get your DLA as normal. Both me and hubby were born on 1948 him and 1951 me, so where does this leave us?

Thanks

Sue

0 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry correction hubby born on 1949 not 1948!
  • Posted

I don't know your laws...but if you were born 1949...it does not meet the criteria for the DLA...correct?

• Posted

Hi Misssy2 no i think it means if your born after 1948 which we both are you dont meet the criteria for being excempt from having to apply for PIP. im sure if your born before on in 1948 they leave you alone and you continue to clain the DLA.. i think also in the UK im correct in saying you cant apply for DLA once over 60, at least that was the way it was, now no one can claim for DLA as a new claimant its auomatically  apply for PIP or go without.  i really need to know where we stand as waiting for the brown envelope letter every morning to inform us our DLA  is being stopped is a bit worrying to say the least!

• Posted

Hi susan556 call the dwp and ask them why they stopped your dla , maybe you didn't received a form,mistakes can happen . Good luck 
    • Posted

I understand the worrying and waiting for that envelope.

I'm also waiting on approval or DISAPPROVAL from my government.

Its horrible...whatever illness is going on gets worse from the stress!

Good luck to you

• Posted

Well just got this reply from benefits question so thats that then i guess

you asked: Hi I was awarded lifetime DLA approx. 6 years ago, I'm 64 now 65 in Feb 2016. Will I be asked to apply for PIP anytime now?

Hi

Yes sometime after October. When you get the form if you need any help come back to me

• Posted

Hi nadnad, no they havnt stopped it yet, looks like this will happen anytime after this October so not long now! sad will be recieving a form soon then.
    • Posted

Hi again, yes what ever illness stress def doesnt help, suppose its not to bad if one has money coming in from other sources but we will be on basic low state pension and if hubby loses it then goes his free road tax with it as well. I know of some in my own family that have so much coming in they dont know what to sepend it on, have litterally £1000s in their account.  People are commiting suicide from being denied PIP with severe mental problems and depression, its shocking it really is. frown
  • Posted

As from recent news this week... This was introduced!

"The DWP have confirmed that any working age DLA claimant with a lifetime award can now be ‘invited’ to claim DLA instead of PIP, regardless of where they live. This means that the pilots are over and any DLA claimant can be chosen at random between now and September 2017."

Source: Benefits and Work UK

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Dorothy jump is trying to keep it as it is but this need more vote ,she emailed channel 4 yesterday about the petition and hopefully we will have good news 
    • Posted

Les but what about those who are retired age like me and hubby? Not working age, my question to the benifits on line question section was about this, they have replied saying like after October, so looks like we have about 3 weeks left then of getting our DLA. sad
    • Posted

I would have thought it would not be changed, due to the timing period.

IDS is pushing a lot of things forward including PIP and ESA Assessments, which would mean if you fail your assessment you lose both benefits. They are speeding up the processing to at least 200 claims a day, to lower the back log.

Either way DLA & PIP & ESA will all be affected to all, which I'm dreading.

• Posted

Oh no! our son has just been denied now for his PIP on appeal for second time so he will lose his ESA as well then, just gets worse. Lots of doctors reports, scans results, xray reports, slipped and split discs, sometimes can hardly walk at all yet supposendly fit for work! I know ive said this before but grand daughter with M.S. and some pretty dibilitating symptoms too, also been declined, Probably cos she is against all odds still trying to work, no rewards for trying to help ones selfe either!

Rant over lol

• Posted

Hi Susan,

My DLA is due to change soon to PIP and I receive Contribution-Based Employment and Support Allowance in the (Support Group). I got multiple disorders most are nerve related.

Over the years we have over £17,000 worth of Disability Funding Grants for major adaptions to our bungalow, I rely on my wife 24/7, I cannot cook, or even make a sandwich, even a drink is beyond my capabilities. My body is in constant spasms, cramps with swollen legs, ankles and feet. My doctor managed to get me an hospital bed to make it a bit easier for my wife to get me dressed and out of bed.

I have seen the PIP form, which my wife will need to fill in because I am unable to write, well not for anyone else to read it anyway. I used to work, but had an accident and damaged my spine. It took nearly 2 years for doctors to even diagnose me, by which time I had progressively become much worse. The company I used to work for could no longer employ me because I was a danger not just to myself but others around me.

I dread to think what my assessment will be like, I cannot walk, I cannot even steer a wheelchair, I rely on my wife to push me around to appointments with doctors and consultants. I take over 30+ tablets a day, every 10 weeks attend hospital for BoTox Injections, and see other consultants.

At the moment I am on DLA for indefinite period, but that will change with PIP. I have nearly died 3 times from cancer (which I have just came out of remission from), and Intestinal ischemia which is a serious condition that can cause pain and make it difficult for your intestines to work. In severe cases, loss of blood flow to the intestines can damage intestinal tissue and can lead to death, because the intestine turns gangrene. I spent nearly a month in hospital and more than 10 months to fully recover.

All these changes the government is making is just way over the top, there is people out there like myself and worse, and they think by sending us back to work it will make us better! I would like to see Iain Duncan Smiths medical diploma stating he knows more than my neurologists and other consultants on making such assumptions. It’s a joke!

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Awww Les just seen your reply before going to bed, OMG you shouldnt even have to be seen by anyone, Your forms answers should be enough surley. im sending you a private message ok

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.