Going Through The Motions

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone! 33yr old obese female from USA here. Having some interesting things going on lately and just looking for support at this point (I know none of you can give me definitive answers).

About 5 weeks ago at this point, I had some strange symptoms arise. Had some lower right abdominal discomfort/side - won't call it pain - and bloating. Took Gas X which helped the bloat, but it came back. The discomfort has ranged from feeling like its on the inside to feeling like its on my skin - best way I can describe it is mild burning. Seems to be mostly OK with standing/laying flat and when I compress the area (sitting, curling up in bed, driving) I can feel it (alien inside?!?!). Also had sour stomach (which isn't outside of the realm of normal for me) and diarrhea.

Went to my GP, she palpated my stomach and there was no pain and no fever. The diarrhea and bloating led her to believe GI (she also considered shingles due to the burning and a few bumps on my stomach - also not out of the norm) so she put me on Omeprazole for 14 days and a strict diet - no lactose, fried foods, fatty foods, caffeine, carbonated beverages, alcohol, chocolate, spicy foods, etc (NO FUN! I don't do most of that anyways 😃 ). So basically, lean meat, rice, potatoes, vegetables, fruit was what I ate with lactose free milk.

Omeprazole took away my sour stomach, bloating and made my bowels much more regular - not 100% but much better. I specifically remember one day picking at one of the bumps and having my skin burn like crazy - random, but I obviously noticed! About day 10 I had diarrhea all day long - I had to take 3 Imodium pills to make it stop and I had high anxiety that night from backing down what seemed like a good path I was on. I apparently was acting like a baby then and stopped taking the Omeprazole. 2 days later I started waking up nauseous every morning and completely lost my appetite. I would get hungry but had to force food down my throat because I knew I needed some sort of calories in my body. This was a Thursday, called my GP and they couldn't see me until Monday so I suffered through the weekend. Some days being better than others with the nausea, but I pretty much laid in bed and watched everything I could on Netflix. Some days had diarrhea, some days had more normal movements. Discomfort being there every day, no fever - some aches and a bit tired but not fatigued. Think I was more nervous and miserable about everything.

Come Monday (earlier this week) when I could get into my GP. She again palpated my abdomen - no pain. She told me to go back on Omeprazole, call my GI and scheduled some blood work and an Ultrasound. BTW - took a test, not pregnant.

Went to get the blood work right away. Had the Ultrasound on Tuesday. CBC showed increase platelets (468; normal being 150-400) and my ALT on my Metabolic Panel was elevated (43; 1-33 normal). Ultrasound revealed nothing. My GP's office called and said that they believe it's inflammation. Seeing my GI tomorrow morning.

At this point I've probably lost 15-20 pounds for lack of eating (not mad.. I could use it.. but not the healthy way). Omeprazole has seemingly made morning nausea go away which is helpful because at least I can eat without wanting to throw up, but still quite a lack of appetite. I'm hoping it's just that I'm scared to eat because I don't want to make things worse. Bowels have gotten better again too but who knows for how long. But this discomfort will NOT budge... Can't make it worse, can't make it better so I'm assuming it has nothing to do with what I'm eating or when I'm evacuating my bowels.

Obviously haven't been diagnosed with anything but with my anxious internet searches, Crohn's is my assumption at the moment. I have had a past gallbladder removal 3 years ago and I know I have some sort of IBS - some food messes with me, I cramp, I have explosive diarrhea and then I'm fine. Could be a myriad of things at this point. Just looking to vent somewhere and drop the anxiety and maybe help someone in a similar situation down the line!! Thank you for anyone who reads this 😃 Will keep it up to date as I progress.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.