Golf

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry my full item did not go through,Iam10 weeks PostOp,and I have just joined the Gym with light exercises and 10 mins. Walking 5 mins.Cycling,I am 71 year old and played Golf with a 13 handicap,I have not played for 6 months but would love to get going again,but I am very wary about the swing,not over doing it.I am sure there are some Hip Hoppers out there who have done this and I would love to have your feedbackPLEASE,best wishes Michael,Foooore!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michael. Think your first port of call should be your GP, as we are all different with the rates at which we recover from operations.

I wouldn't like to think of you overdoing things, and setting yourself back.

Let us know how you get on. x

• Posted

Hi Vauxhall thanks for your thoughts,not doing anything yet until I have more replies,let you know,Thanks Michael.
  • Posted

What did your surgeon say? I know of people playing golf a few weeks after a hip operation, but that does not mean that is OK for everyone.
    • Posted

Hi Ptolemy,thanks for coming on ,but when you see the Surgeon it is either just before the op or just after,and I can assure you I never even thought about Golf,I am seeing him in 4 weeks,do you think I should wait till then?Thanks again Michael.
    • Posted

Four weeks is not a very long time to wait. I should get a list of the questions for him. Then he can check that you are OK to do everything you want to do. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Mind you some doctors don't like people turning up with lists, so it is sometimes a good idea to either remember the list or write it on your hand!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.