Gout or something else?

Posted , 1 user is following.

My first gout flared up was in December. Uric level was 7.0. Doc thinks it's gout based on the x-ray and uric level. I changed my diet and cut back on the beers like a lot . However, I kept getting flare-ups (3 times in 3 months) but every time is less severed pain. The swollen is outside of the big toe joint and not as red and painful to the touch and I can still walk around uncomfortable. My questions are what are the pain level of gout every time it attacks? Is my uric level too high? How do I know if it was gout but not something else?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.