GP diagnosed me with yeast infection, he gave me Clotrimazole but it doesn’t work. Please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Have the symptoms been getting worse? For how many days have you applied Clotrimazole cream?

There is a small chance that you may be allergic to Clotrimazole or to one of the other ingredients in the cream. I would report back to the GP or ask a pharmacist if it makes sense to try an alternative. In the UK, some topical antifungals (for example Lamisil, ) can be bought over the counter.

• Posted

I have been using Clotrimazole Bethamethasone (corticosteroid) for a month, and then stopped since it doesn't work, then GP switched me to a straight antifungal cream with no steroid in it, still doesn't work. It relieves the symptoms but it comes back after several days stop using it. I am so depressed since they don't know wth is going on, waiting to see other doctor if he can figure this out

• Edited

It is disheartening if doctors can't figure it out. Often a diagnosis if formed by a process of elimination. Hope your next doctor is one step ahead and can figure it out.

Below are some tips that might help with keeping irritation at a minimum.

I would recommend showering or washing with a sulfate free and scent free soap or shower gel.

I would recommend avoiding scented toilet tissue or one with added lotion or aloe vera.

If this applies to your situation at all, you could try to switch your laundry detergent from a liquid detergent to a powder without biological action (containing no enzymes). If your washing machine has that setting, I would recommend increasing the number of rinse cycles from 2 to at least 3.

To test if a new product (shower gel, soap, medicated cream) is irritating your skin, you could apply a small amount of it to your inner elbow and look for any irritation within 48 hours.

• Edited

thank you for taking efforts and give me tons of advices. I will definitely try to see if any of them work for me. will keep you guys updated on this once something is up on me. thanks again !

• Posted

me and many of us have this issue we arent sure what it is i also got diagnosed with yeast and many other things they just title it and nothing has worked urethritis and cpps and many things they called this

• Posted

I am glad to hear that I am not alone in this bs. I hope our people will figure it out some point and give advices so we can get over this

• Posted

It is not more sensitive but in fact I kinda feel it a bit loss of sensative after 2 rounds of prescribed ointment.

• Edited

I've had a similar situation. Could you talk to your dermatologist about Tacrolimus Ointment 0.1%? It's not a steroid anti-inflammatory ointment that you apply twice a day for two weeks. Mine started clearing up within 48 hours. My issue was completely gone after two weeks. You'll need to stay on top of this and continue using the ointment as recommended, even if it gets better. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Clotrimazole cream didn't work for me, either.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice man, I will definitely try the ointment you mentioned above and see if things get better. Have you stopped using it yet ? And does the symptom come back after you have done a course on this ointment ?

• Edited

I've completed the cycle and haven't used it for a few weeks. So far so good. I had been dealing with the same issue as you for a few months, and nothing worked until I was prescribed this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.