Granduloma Annularis

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've GA for over 10 years. Now I'm breaking out again. Two new ones on my feet have hard bumps under the skin. Has anyone tried corticosteroid injections. Does it work? Wish I could post the pictures.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I did have one hard bump injected with cortisone and it did not change it. I have a few hard spots that have never left on my elbows, even with PREDNISONE treatment.

• Posted

HELLO Ciara!

I have not tried injections of any kind. I am new to thus GA I have not had it gor a full year yet. I want to learn as much as I can about it and everyone sharing their own journeys really help me to not feel so alone in this crowded Earth !

Hang i there! I'ts been 9 months since my first round lesion and now its on feet,legs, arms,hands and now my sides. Its scary, embarrassing, and unfortunate. We arent alone! Take good care of yourself!

regsrds,

Patti

• Posted

in many cases steroids make it worse There is a great support group group on Facebook called Granuloma Annulare Support. I highly recommend it

• Posted

the injections didn't work for me. what did work was UVB Light Therapy. it took a year of treatment, but it is all gone. good luck!

• Posted

I have had GA for 3 years, steroid cream has helped to calm it down but it tends to surface again.

I had very large breakout on inside of right wrist and then it appeared on both thighs

large circles had it biopsied it confirmed GA.

continued STEROID CREAM. Then researched extensively on googled and blogs.

I found people who went gluten free had the most success.

i went gluten free for 3 months and the big circles went away.

Now I have little bumps not real noticeable.

They are on back of both legs , elbows ,side of each knees and back of each wrist.

1 ankle itches.

I prayed everyday for this skin autoimmune

disease . THE LARGE UGLY CIRCLES GONE!! Lil bumps I SEEM TO BE ABLE TO CALM DOWN WITH THE CREAM.

Lil bumps not noticeable .

Some on my back sun seems to bother them.

most of all relieved that the worst part has been under control.

TRY THE GLUTEN FREE AND CREAMS don't cheat. PRAY and believe to get

better.

JEANNE G.

• Posted

My doctor hasn't tried the injections simply because my body is pretty much covered. For the most part, my face, neck, hands, and feet are all that remain GA free. Injections just aren't workable when it's so widespread. If I were you I'd give it a try!

• Posted

you should ask your dermatologist about UVB Light treatments. they also use it on patients with Eczema...it worked wonders for me.

• Posted

It was discussed briefly when I was worked in one day with a colleague. He seemed to think my insurance wouldn't cover it and that it would be quite expensive. I plan to ask my dermatologist Thursday when I get biopsy stitches removed. Thank you!

• Posted

its something to check out. it was covered in Manitoba by our health care system.

• Posted

I'm going to go dermatologist soon. See what he said. Maybe there's something that will work this time. Thanks for all your feedbacks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.