Granuloma annulare and gluten

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I've been gluten-free for several years. Only two years ago I got GA after penicillin. Most of the spots slowly disappeared except for the ones on my upper arms. Then,

this year, again after penicillin, I got GA again but with a vengence -- arms/legs. This has nothing to do with gluten, although going gluten free is I think healthier. In my case my digestion can't handle gluten.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there....So sorry to hear you're dealing with this wretched, dumbass condition. Have you been diagnosed with GA? Do you think that the penicillin lowered your immune system and that's what allowed the GA to occur? It definitely seems to be somehow related to auto-immune and/or thyroid issues, which would seem to possibly be related to your condition occurring after having your immune system compromised by the penicillin.

• Posted

Yes, diagnosed 2 years ago with GA. No biopsy though.

I've read that there's no evidence after all about thyroid connection.

I'm wondering about penicillin allergy. It's definitely something

systemic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.