Granuloma annulare is the bane of my life.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I like the others have had this condition since i was about 7. I was told it would burn itself out, which it did on most areas. But last year it came back on my tummy i have more of that than stretch marks! in the last two months it has taken over my body i have it eveywhere, it makes me very uncomftable when i'm in summer cloths. I find it had to believe that there is no reason for it and no real way of getting rid of it either. so my heart goes out to thoughs of you that are looking for a reason and if i find anything i will come back and let you know. But your not on your own. :?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with this condition approximately two years ago at the age of 64. It has progressed from one or two small patches on my legs to larger patches all over my legs, arms and body, with smaller ones which eventually spread out and get larger. I find it very difficult to feel comfortable when my legs and arms are showing and therefore wear trousers and long sleeves for most of the time.

I wonder if it will ever disappears.

• Posted

Humira works with about 7 shots.  Pentoxyfilline also work with 400mg 3 times per day but it takes about 8 months.
  • Posted

I have read this forum over and over looking for answers. It seems to me wheat and gluten free diet is key to clearing this up. I also have Hep C which could be an underlying cause. I plan on going to my gastroenteroligist and allergist. Get on a gluten free diet and treat the Hep C if still possible.
    • Posted

I agree that a key for many is finding your food allergies and intolerance and eliminating them from your diet for at least a significant period of time.

According to what I have read, wheat, dairy, and soy are 3 of the most common but none of these are among my intolerance. I think that trying an elimination diet following the guidelines for these available online on many different sites and if you get no answers from that, then get tested. I would never have come up with the list of foods that were on my list from testing but staying off these foods with no other treatment for a year & mine is very nearly gone.

Is it lurking below the skin? Maybe, but as long as it stays at this level, I am happy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.