Growth on penis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

Male, 26years old. Haven't been sexually active in about 4 - 6months. Shower daily, normal guy.

I woke up the other day and noticed a growth on the shaft on the underside of my penis. I am currently unemployed and without insurance so I cannot go to the doctor or planned parenthood to get and std test. Is this a genital wart? After Google searches I'm really afraid it might be..

Here is a pic

http://imgur.com/FaSeA9Q[/b]

Thanks for the help on advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, but those do look like genital warts.  There are worse things to pick up, but you need to see a doctor.  I don't understand the US health system, but there must be somewhere which treats things like this for free.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Great...

Thanks for the help. I made an appointment to get it looked at and hopefully I get accepted into the program for those without insurance.

Is there anything I can do at home to stop or slow the spread of it? My appointment isn't for another week.

• Posted

Glad to hear you've got an appointment, but there isn't much you can do while you're waiting.  They're not going to change much between now and next week anyway.  If you smoke, then stopping smoking may help, and if you're tempted to shave down there before your appointment, then don't, as that can spread them.

There are creams and solutions that the doctors can prescribe, but they may suggest spraying them with liquid nitrogen to freeze them.  That's apparently not as painful as it sounds.  You're too old for the HPV vaccine.

Genital warts seem to have a mind of their own btw.  The incubation period is estimate at 2 weeks to 8 months, sometimes they disappear without treatment, or they can reoccur multiple times in the same place weeks or months after apparently successful treatment.

These links may help.  The second one is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/anogenital-warts-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/anogenital-warts-pro

Like I said, there are worse things you can have.  Genital warts are very common, but mostly harmless in men.  Lots of men can have the exact same viruses without any visible symptoms too.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.