Had endoscopy and colonoscopy today. Dr said looks ok, but also did biopsies

Posted , 4 users are following.

If everything came back looking okay, what is the reason behind symptoms of constant burning and dull pain just below rib cage and up through esophagus and throat -- along with "dry spot" in throat 

Dr also told us he took biopsies

I am so tired. Affecting work, housework social lifequestion

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had an endoscopy a couple weeks ago, same thing Dr said he found nothing. He also took biopsies. I went back to the Doctor this passed Monday, biopsies revealed a little gastritis, a little esphogitis and a little acid reflux. I'm on Pantropazol and Pepcid for 8 weeks. I feel better today then I did 2 weeks ago, symptoms come and go (pain in my chest, stomach ache, uncomfortable feeling below my rib cage on the right side). Dry spot should go away in a day or two. Hope I helped. Thanks, Mike
    • Posted

Thanks Mike

Just so frustrating when they say it's okay, but the symptoms are still there

I wonder how much stress plays a role

Plenty here

Husband's dx of Parkinson's in August - we're dealing with through meds and boxing

Will get back after results are in

• Posted

Stress plays a huge roll, I know first hand. My doctor had to prescribe me Xanax to calm me down. All I want it to feel better and from what everyone is telling me, it takes time sometimes months to get back to normal.
  • Posted

Pains and symptoms relating to acid and reflux can be quite distressing. Although medication can reduce acid, there is no magic cure and no easy remedies for reducing reflux.

Both acid and reflux need to be managed through lifestyle and dietary choices assisted by medication.

Hopefully the biopsy results will come back fine, showing no cause for concern.

If you haven't yet read the free book / website www DownWithAcid org uk, that is an encyclopaedia of (nearly) everything you may wish to know about acid and reflux.

• Posted

Really sick to my stomach today after yesterday's dual procedure.  Dr's office called to remind me of an appointment next week. They said to give it another 24 hrs and if I still was having problems or started vomiting, I needed to call them.  

I sure appreciate your comments, Mike and Barrets. 

Thanks so much. 

Praying for God's answer...

• Posted

The second day I had a stomach ache and it hurt a little when I swallowed, not my throat but down in my esphogus. The next day i was fine. Remember, you had a camaera down youre throat and into youre stomach plus they took biopsies, you will be in a little pain. 
  • Posted

I had the procedure done 12/2015 exactly the same Dr said all is good, then a few days later pain started like the one you are experience. I still have it after almost 6 months comes and goes. I'm desperate don't know what to do. I didn't have this before the procedure, have you got any better? Thanks hope to hear from you..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.